Trayvon's Rule... - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trayvon's Rule...

They do not want to tackle the real problems, that requires accountability. They would rather create new problems with their solutions. Just recently a NYC councilperson suggested NYC PD should not use race, gender, or age in describing the criminal suspects. That would stop profiling. Talk about educated elected officials.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    They do not want to tackle the real problems, that requires accountability. They would rather create new problems with their solutions. Just recently a NYC councilperson suggested NYC PD should not use race, gender, or age in describing the criminal suspects. That would stop profiling. Talk about educated elected officials.
    You sound surprised, we have federal agencies trying to stop terrorism that are not allowed to consider muslims as suspects.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    You sound surprised, we have federal agencies trying to stop terrorism that are not allowed to consider muslims as suspects.
    Lightbulb! If the brown-shirts show up at your door to take your guns tell them your muslim and start waving a Koran at them!
    Chief

Bu!!*****.....
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

It seems that Florida blacks benefit more than whites from the SYG law.

"Black Floridians have made about a third of the state’s total “Stand Your Ground” claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Florida’s population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that for Florida whites."

Florida blacks benefit from Florida 'Stand Your Ground' | The Daily Caller

Quote Originally Posted by XD357grandpa View Post
    "One million educated black men". Is this a race issue again?
    Strangely enough, it's an education issue. The language in the first part is legally unworkable. Among other things, causing someone to respond due to fear is not the definition of initiating conflict. Responding due to fear doesn't even mean violence. Pissing your pants can be a response due to fear, and that isn't violence. You get the idea.

The second part is unconstitutional. First, as some have noted, it could make you guilty of another crime. Additionally, it would not apply at all to anyone under a weapons disability because it would violate their 5th amendment rights. There are other reasons, but you get the idea here as well.

So this isn't being backed by a million educated black men in Florida because they don't exist. But it isn't for racial reasons that they don't exist. It's for educational reasons. If a million black men truly back this proposal, they aren't educated, because it doesn't take much education to realize this proposal simply isn't viable. Just as with the trial of George Zimmerman, this is an issue based on raw public opinion rather than on relevant and substantive facts.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Idiots. The first rule is already law in FL. The second rule? Yeah, I'm sure el pato malo is gonna tell me he has a gun before he caps me.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

9. Here's what you can't make people realize against racism, but I had a very in depth conversation with a black girl at work who thought I was a racist.

I made it very clear to her that I despised racism, and that it was sheerly based on nothing but ignorance. It is an uneducated mans game. Racism cannot be sued or convicted out of anyone. You can get all the GZ guilty verdicts you want and it won't change anything. You can protest and riot until you're blue in the face, but it won't matter. Ask any racist person why they are racist, and to actually give you a factual, unbiased reason why whatever race they are prejudice against is inferior to them, and I doubt they will be able to give you a decent answer, if they can even answer anything at all. I explained to her that I do not agree with racism, but I understand it. It's not a racist person's fault that they are the way they are. It is simply lack of education. Here's a way to explain it so most people can understand.

I pointed out a object in the room of an undeniable color and asked her what color it was (it was red). She replied "red". I said "so if I were to tell you that you were wrong, and it was in fact blue, you would probably tell me I'm f%^#ing nuts?" She of course said yes. Well why is that? It's because you and I have grown up our entire lives being told what is red, and what is blue, and what is whatever color it is. No one has ever explained why, but we assume we don't need to know why since it seems to be a universal concept among everyone. But when someone comes along and flips that idea upside down, we reject their idea. The same goes for racism. They have gone most of their lives either being told or associating with people who believe that black people are inferior to them. In places like the south, the belief is so common that you need not question why, since so many people believe it also. They simply accept it as fact. So when a few people come along and tell them otherwise, it's going to take a whole lot of convincing to make someone believe something opposite of what they have been told their entire lives.

This is why, when arguing with a racist, you do not scream and yell at them, or curse and insult them. That is what they expect, and it is on a level they they can easily understand and play along with. Rather, you simply ask them WHY? Ask them why blacks, or Indians, or gays, or whoever is inferior or less than them. If they cannot give you and educated and intellectual, fact-based answer, then you just need to tell them that they need to get their own facts in line, and figure out why exactly they believe whatever it is they believe before they try and go around convincing other people of their beliefs.

10. On a side note however, it also irritates me how everyone assume that racism is a one-way street. No one wants to believe that minority races can be racist towards blacks. As a matter of fact, I would bet that Rev. Sharpton and Jackson are more racist towards whites than most racist whites are towards blacks. Obviously, what is ok for one group to do isn't ok for another group to do.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    On a side note however, it also irritates me how everyone assume that racism is a one-way street. No one wants to believe that minority races can be racist towards blacks. As a matter of fact, I would bet that Rev. Sharpton and Jackson are more racist towards whites than most racist whites are towards blacks. Obviously, what is ok for one group to do isn't ok for another group to do.

Actually a good many people know how racist minorities can be. My wife keeps pointing it out all the time and she's black herself.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast