Trayvon's Rule... - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trayvon's Rule...

I agree with you completely. A long time ago, the father of a very good high school buddy of mine told us a story.
    It seems that two men were standing on opposite sides of a bus stop sign, and during the conversation they were having, the color of the sign came into play. One man insisted the sign was silver in color, and the other insisted it was gold in color. As the conversation went on, it became more and more heated until it ended up in a physical altercation.
    After the fight, each man, who had during the tussle ended up on the opposite side of the sign they were initially standing next to, looked at each other, and then at the sign, and saw that each of them was correct. The moral is that until we look at both sides of the argument, we really can't make a very good suggestion on how to resolve the issue.
    That story got me as a young man to begin to look at racial issues differently than I had been raised to view them, and I try to carry that through to this day.
    If it matters, I am a white southern male. My friend and his father are black. Basically, it is all a matter of perception. If you present yourself to be something you really aren't..... then the perception is that you are what you want me to think you are.
    In the eyes of a young black person, I am a racist because blacks perceive that southern white males are so, which is nothing more than guilt by association. I am unable to present myself any other way, because I am a white southern male. To know if I am a racist or not, you have to get to know me.
    In order for me to perceive a young black male as something other than a thug or a "gangsta", he has to present himself in the other light. that can be done, if they want to do it. I don't want to see his underwear, I don't want to constantly ask him to repeat his words to me since I don't speak "street", I don't want to have to worry about being followed by a group of blacks wearing "hoodies" when the temperature is 94 degrees outside when I am out walking my dog. Show me your face, show me that you take pride in your appearance, show me that you can speak English so that you can be clearly understood. Young black men intentionally emulate the wrong lifestyle. I'm not saying they live it, I'm just saying they present themselves to the world that they are out looking for trouble.
    Show me the other side of the sign. By the way, I agree with you, Al and Jesse are in my opinion, as racist as any Ku Klux Klan member in this country.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiekiller2 View Post
    It seems that Florida blacks benefit more than whites from the SYG law.

"Black Floridians have made about a third of the state’s total “Stand Your Ground” claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Florida’s population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that for Florida whites."

Florida blacks benefit from Florida 'Stand Your Ground' | The Daily Caller
    And quite obviously racemongers Sharpton, Jackson and Co. are more interested in advancing an agenda than affording their own people an effective means of self defense. They haven't given a second's thought about how getting rid of SYG will effect the black community.

4. Some of you may have seen this, but for those of you who haven't, I consider it to be the ugly truth.

I'm not sure if Jackson and Sharpton and even Obama are racists, or, which is even worse as far as I'm concerned, if they're seeling out their races to further their political and financial objectives.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ramsey View Post
    Surely that is sarcasm.
    The whole concept of the OP is sarcasm, or so it would seem. Obviously conceived by someone under the influence of stupidity.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    I'm not sure if Jackson and Sharpton and even Obama are racists, or, which is even worse as far as I'm concerned, if they're seeling out their races to further their political and financial objectives.
    Well then, either that is sarcasm, or you need to get your common-sense-o-meter recalibrated. I am sure. Democrats need victims for votes. If you are poor it is someone else's fault. If you live in a violent neighborhood it is someone else's fault. If someone else has money, you deserve some because it is their fault you are where you are in life. Vote for Uncle Barry and he'll get it for you!
    Chief

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Lightbulb! If the brown-shirts show up at your door to take your guns tell them your muslim and start waving a Koran at them!
    Hmmm......That might actually work. I'm a little nervous about one thing though; do you think the rouse will be exposed if they notice my bacon-slice bookmarks?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Wait, muslims can't eat bacon? I might have to rethink that one.
    Chief

I'm 63, somewhat handicapped (running anywhere won't happen). I WILL PROTECT MY FAMILY.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Wait, muslims can't eat bacon? I might have to rethink that one.
    Let's serve ham at Guantanamo.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast