Homeowner charged with attempted murder. - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeowner charged with attempted murder.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    I somewhat agree with you...but I must ask this question;
    Are not LEO's 'inherently reactive' & more than just a 'bit pre-emptive' in their nature"?

Why are law abiding civilians always held to much higher standard's and 'microscopic-scrutiny' whenever it comes to self-defense scenarios but LEO's are seemingly not held to these same standard's? Where's the 'fairness' in all of this?
    LEOs receive training that would counter being 'reactionary'. But alas as humans are, when put in a perceived deadly encounter, you're gonna do whatever is necessary. Whether you or I would deem it reactionary or not.

Sent from my NSA screened Smartphone

In Virginia you must let them enter the house before shots are fired. An intruder in my home is automatically deemed to be a danger to anyone in the home and therefore deadly force can be employed. If the bad guy takes one in the back oh well...my daughters bedroom is down stairs. I think I will avoid shooting someone trespassing on the property outside of the house. Here fishy fishy fishy! I hope my first reaction will be to get the bad guy to spread eagle on the floor. Nothing I have other than my wife, daughter, and my own life is worth me taking the life of another person but I cannot take the chance that he was merely window shopping. God help me and the bad guy if I am ever confronted with that choice. The bad guy will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    LEOs receive training that would counter being 'reactionary'. But alas as humans are, when put in a perceived deadly encounter, you're gonna do whatever is necessary. Whether you or I would deem it reactionary or not.

The evidence suggests that nearly all LEO's are reactionary!

Said it many times and this case is a perfect example of a gun law on the books in the blessed State of South Carolina. If AT NIGHT AND ONLY AT NIGHT--if you PRESUME someone has committed a felony, you can effect a citizens arrest and if the presumed felon tries to flee and evade your citizens arrest you can USE ANY MEANS POSSIBLE INCLUDING DEATH to thwart the evasion by the presumed felon. How and when this one went into effect I could not tell you but it is the law and it is very very clear with no misunderstandings. In this particular threat all the homeowner had to do was try to effect a citizens arrest and all bets are off after that for literally anything the punk kid decides to do that is anything but obeying the homeowner who is arresting him. FYI: South Carolina Code of Laws--Title 17-Criminal Procedures/Chapter 13-Arrest, Process, Searches and Seizures. Clear as day and backed by case law.

Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    The evidence suggests that nearly all LEO's are reactionary!
    You must be so busy investigating!!!

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Well their elite 'training' does not seem to be working out very well.....

Case in point;

LAPD?s indefensible Dorner pursuit - Salon.com

Seems to me that these so-called 'elite cops' were being over 'reactionary' wouldn't you agree?
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

8. Don't know where to begin on this one. Not enough facts to have an educated opinion, so I'll make an uneducated opinion; the defendant appears to be in deep trouble.

Well their elite 'training' does not seem to be working out very well.....

Case in point;

LAPD?s indefensible Dorner pursuit - Salon.com

Seems to me that these so-called 'elite cops' were being over 'reactionary' wouldn't you agree?
    Oh...you're bringing up old news. You act like you know for a fact that its a chronic problem in modern day law enforcement. Which apparently you don't...as I suspected.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Oh...you're bringing up old news. You act like you know for a fact that its a chronic problem in modern day law enforcement. Which apparently you don't...as I suspected.

Oh?
    So you need something a little more 'current' eh?

How about this one that occurred recently on May 28th 2013;

http://now.msn.com/jerry-waller-texa...-poor-lighting
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Oh?
    So you need something a little more 'current' eh?

How about this one that occurred recently on May 28th 2013;

http://now.msn.com/jerry-waller-texa...-poor-lighting
    Do you always rely on news stories to bring truth into your life?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast