This Armed Robber Is One Lucky S.O.B. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This Armed Robber Is One Lucky S.O.B.

Ok.. soo I watched the video myself, It does not seem staged.

What you see "Zooming" is actually someone using their Phone camera to record from a widescreen LCD monitor footage taken by the Security camera.
    Basically you have someone who is unable to get a proper copy of the video directly from they Security DVR device.
    I doubt that any stop and rob would have Pan / tilt/zoom cameras indoors as the cost for those type, in HD are easily double to triple the costs of simple CCD 0-inf non zoom cameras.
    The picture you see, is not the entire picture, that monitor is im sure displaying a image of 1080P or roughly 1680x1050 or so. The camera that is re-recording it from that monitor is definitely a cell phone, that someone is holding in a vertical manor, as you can see when it "zooms back" you see the edges of the monitor at the top/bottom of the video - as well as the wall. Most cheap CCD type security cameras have a fish-eye quality to them, so things "front/center" of the view tend to appear zoomed in a bit. This is why things directly in front of them are clearer then those at the edges of the screen.

Had the person trying to record the video held their phone horizontally they might have had everything fully framed. instead of actually making the fish-eye effect worse. The person holding the phone, either manually zoomed the phone out, or stepped back or pulled back the phone - which results in the "zooming" effect.

So as for staged, I dunno - Id have to see more information from other sources, more sources = more correct information. or more pieces to the puzzle anyway, (short of being able to interview the guy / see the actual footage myself anyway)

But the recorded video isnt somehow controlled from 3rd party, who witnessed it from back room - just some one failing to make a proper copy of the video by using a cell phone camera.
    Just because a camera is in those bulbs that look like PTZ - doesn't mean they actually are Pan/tilt/zoom *which stinks cause yeh id love a cheap PTZ camera that worked well..
    I have worked with a couple systems, as well as installed my own. But I do not claim to be an expert, just as knowledgeable as anyone who takes time to research / test / buy / instal a system.

Edit to add - for all those that enjoy TV shows like CSI/NCIS/etc where they take old video footage, and "zoom in, then Enhance the video" from grainy to 3000mp quality? well thats mostly fiction, as you cannot add what isnt there. Despite claims the FBI/CIA have technology which can "enhance" old footage, at best they are just "cleaning" it up like they do old reel to reel film stock. but in digital age, pixels that are not recorded, cannot be "added" without totally blowing the picture to pixalated hell.

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    tricolordad
    Banned
    Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark
    Why was he banned? I never saw him say anything out of line.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Why was he banned? I never saw him say anything out of line.
    According to one poster on this site whose word I trust implicitly, Cypher called TCD a blatant racial slur like a day or two before he got banned. Either he edited out the slur himself, or it was edited out by Luke, but to see him now make comment on TCD being banned when nothing of any consequence happened to him for a banable offense is no less the blatant baiting of a guy who now can't defend himself as the slur was when he still could.

I believe with every fiber of my being that "Cypher" thinks he is more or less bullet proof on this forum, and sadly, by all the evidence I've seen, that is true. It is truly baffling why he or his doppelganger persona is allowed to post here.

TCD and I mixed about as well as oil and water, but I fixed it by putting him on ignore, and for the most part, not even looking at his posts. I certainly would never celebrate someone getting banned though, whether or not I thought kindly of their presence here.

The whys and wherefores around here are baffling though. I find it highly unlikely that you will ever get a reasonable answer to your question above. Not that anyone "owes" an answer to any of us, but promoting understanding is always preferable to leaving unanswered questions about fairness just hanging out there.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    According to one poster on this site whose word I trust implicitly, Cypher called TCD a blatant racial slur like a day or two before he got banned. Either he edited out the slur himself, or it was edited out by Luke, but to see him now make comment on TCD being banned when nothing of any consequence happened to him for a banable offense is no less the blatant baiting of a guy who now can't defend himself as the slur was when he still could.

I believe with every fiber of my being that "Cypher" thinks he is more or less bullet proof on this forum, and sadly, by all the evidence I've seen, that is true. It is truly baffling why he or his doppelganger persona is allowed to post here.

TCD and I mixed about as well as oil and water, but I fixed it by putting him on ignore, and for the most part, not even looking at his posts. I certainly would never celebrate someone getting banned though, whether or not I thought kindly of their presence here.

The whys and wherefores around here are baffling though. I find it highly unlikely that you will ever get a reasonable answer to your question above. Not that anyone "owes" an answer to any of us, but promoting understanding is always preferable to leaving unanswered questions about fairness just hanging out there.

Blues
    Does sound kind of weird. Anyway, thanks for answering my question.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Does sound kind of weird. Anyway, thanks for answering my question.
    TCD was banned because he made several posts (since removed) directly threatening violence toward me and one in which he admitted to trolling this site with the intent of causing trouble quoted here.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    They were trolling the troll. I do it all the time. I'm doing it now...
    As a follower of the "Religion of Peace" TCD also felt that it was his duty to disrupt this thread

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-...or-church.html

Some of his last posts are in it including some very nasty comments about Christianity and Christians in general
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

Boy, that was a long thread. Obviously I'd never read it all. And I still haven't, but I did read most of his posts. Hmm, interesting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123