This Armed Robber Is One Lucky S.O.B.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Armed Robber Is One Lucky S.O.B.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow This Armed Robber Is One Lucky S.O.B.

Video surveillance from Saturday night captures the moment a would-be armed thief entered the Marionville, Mo., store where the armed veteran works. The thief hesitates for a moment and then pulls a gun — but not fast enough to dissuade the armed clerk from pulling his own Walther PPX 9 mm handgun and sticking it in the hapless thief’s mouth.

Mo. Man Tries to Stick Up Clerk Who Also Happens to Be a Four-Deployment Iraq War Vet ? Guess Who It Doesn?t End Well For | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Lucky criminal, he almost received an extra breathing orifice
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Right or wrong, I think I'd have probably gone ahead and shot him. As long as he was still holding the gun, he's still a threat to me. It doesn't show in the video whether he dropped it or not.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    I’d say the clerk was the lucky one, he in no way had control of the robber’s gun and there was nothing to stop the robber from stepping back and firing. He may have gotten away with it this time but that was not the way to handle that
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

I think LEO could learn something from this, that lawfully armed citizens are not about killing bad guys. Maybe they could take the hint when being confronted with a stressful situation and shoot only when there is no other resort. LEO has gotten to the point now where they go ahead and kill then try to find the way it can be justified. This is clearly a moment when a citizen had the right to shoot but refused to kill someone. My hat goes off to this clerk.

Glad it turned out the way it did. Could have been a lot worse. Robber was clearly not up on his "game." Got too close, allowed himself to be controlled/distracted and ended up with a stunning view of the business end of the clerk's pistol!

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Right or wrong, I think I'd have probably gone ahead and shot him. As long as he was still holding the gun, he's still a threat to me. It doesn't show in the video whether he dropped it or not.
    Thanks Peggy. I stop imminent threats as permanently as I can. By definition, the BG will do whatever--so I will do whatever.

Had the clerk shot the BG, his live as he knew it, would be over.

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock20 View Post
    Had the clerk shot the BG, his live as he knew it, would be over.
    Well yeah, because shooting an armed man who is in the middle of commiting a felony isn't justified or any thing.

I would have leveled my pistol and fired as soon as I cleared the holster
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

You know, I saw this video shortly after it appeared on the net and something about it bothered me.
    I watched it a total of 10 times and figured it out. I have set up a lot of video surveillance systems for small convenience stores and right at the beginning of the video when the clerk is coming into view, the camera is being manipulated via remote, it pans from the left side of the register to cover the register and then zooms out. This is not something that can just happen, it has to be done via remote control. It is like it is being set up for a better view of the incident. I think what we saw was a "staged event", and the fact that the clerk being a 30 year militery retiree, former Private Security/Investigator letting the perp walk out rather than shoot an armed and dangerous individual or hold him for law enforcement to take care of just doesn't ring true. I think it is a HOAX!
    JPKirkpatrick
    USAF-Ret; NRA Life; CRPA Life; USA Carry Mbr;
    Oath Keepers Chrtr Mbr; USCCA Mbr; HGCA Mbr; Ret Former LEO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast