Arkansas SWAT kills a 107 year old man - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas SWAT kills a 107 year old man

Quote Originally Posted by duke7595 View Post
    I can't condone the actions taken against this old man, the house was surrounded and contained, posing no threat to the public.
    Didn't pose a threat to the public? He was shooting through doors at police..I didn't realize the police standing outside possessed a magical force field cable of stopping stray bullets from hitting bystanders.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Didn't pose a threat to the public? He was shooting through doors at police..I didn't realize the police standing outside possessed a magical force field cable of stopping stray bullets from hitting bystanders.
    They can cordon off the house and move away and leave sufficient space so all these "bystanders" you mention will not get hurt--heck they probably should not even be able to see the house. They did not even know how old he was--only that he was elderly BUT 107 ELDERLY?-- so much for finding out what you are dealing with.

I like how all of you are worried about the 107 year old mans bullets hitting bystanders but don't give a crap about the SWAT TEAM's and police offices bullets hitting any bystanders. Why is that? They don't have magic bullets that only hit their target and stop so explain to me how SWAT shooting him multiple time lowers the risk of their bullets hitting a bystander?

As pointed out he only pointed a gun at two people in his house the police came removed the people and the problem was solved. What happen next we can only guess because news reports always gets it wrong and the police will not tell the truth if it make them look bad. Here are some of the questions I have about this, The 107 year old man was in his bedroom with the door closed maybe locked who knows I was not there. So the police show up remove the two people that the old man pointed his gun at and had them leave for their safety. So right there the problem has been solved until the police try and force their way into his room where he then fired a shot to make them stop. That there was the first mistake made by both parties but the 107 year old man get a pass for being that old and lacking the mental capacity to realize that the action he took should not have been taken but if you consider his age his action would have been the proper actions to take when someone is in your house without your permission. Most of the people on here like to complain how messed up America is now compared to back then when this 107 year old man was 25 years old. So if you go by his frame of mind the police are in the wrong and should have left his house.

For all of you saying it is irrelevant and his age dose not matter wait till you reach the age he had and see if you still feel the same way if you are lucky enough to live that long.

Most of the people who have replied say if you shot at the police you need to die to send the message that shooting at the police is a bad idea. Going by your logic telling the police they are breaking the rights granted to you by God\the Constitution is justifiable reason for them to beat the piss out of you for having the gall to question their authority. And we all wonder why the police fell that they are allowed to do this well my answer is because of people like the ones here who believe that the police have the right to kill any one who shots at them. I do not feel that way and many of the people who had their doors kicked in by the police and SWAT teams fell the same way. All because they were in a big hurry to kill/arrest they were to lazy to check to make sure the address was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I like how all of you are worried about the 107 year old mans bullets hitting bystanders but don't give a crap about the SWAT TEAM's and police offices bullets hitting any bystanders. Why is that? They don't have magic bullets that only hit their target and stop so explain to me how SWAT shooting him multiple time lowers the risk of their bullets hitting a bystander?

As pointed out he only pointed a gun at two people in his house the police came removed the people and the problem was solved. What happen next we can only guess because news reports always gets it wrong and the police will not tell the truth if it make them look bad. Here are some of the questions I have about this, The 107 year old man was in his bedroom with the door closed maybe locked who knows I was not there. So the police show up remove the two people that the old man pointed his gun at and had them leave for their safety. So right there the problem has been solved until the police try and force their way into his room where he then fired a shot to make them stop. That there was the first mistake made by both parties but the 107 year old man get a pass for being that old and lacking the mental capacity to realize that the action he took should not have been taken but if you consider his age his action would have been the proper actions to take when someone is in your house without your permission. Most of the people on here like to complain how messed up America is now compared to back then when this 107 year old man was 25 years old. So if you go by his frame of mind the police are in the wrong and should have left his house.

For all of you saying it is irrelevant and his age dose not matter wait till you reach the age he had and see if you still feel the same way if you are lucky enough to live that long.

Most of the people who have replied say if you shot at the police you need to die to send the message that shooting at the police is a bad idea. Going by your logic telling the police they are breaking the rights granted to you by God\the Constitution is justifiable reason for them to beat the piss out of you for having the gall to question their authority. And we all wonder why the police fell that they are allowed to do this well my answer is because of people like the ones here who believe that the police have the right to kill any one who shots at them. I do not feel that way and many of the people who had their doors kicked in by the police and SWAT teams fell the same way. All because they were in a big hurry to kill/arrest they were to lazy to check to make sure the address was correct.
    You should provide training for the national tactical law enforcement standards and accreditation. They should have you include responses for elderly folks such as instead of shooting bullets, shoot sleeping pills in their mouths instead...or something like Haldol.

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

You obvious don't have a clue about the rules of engagement, if you did you wouldn't make such a bemused statement.

Arkansas SWAT kills a 107 year old man

Some of you people are a special kind of stupid. You talk about individual liberties and b*tch that the cops take too long to get there or don't do anything, then you turn around and say after somebody points a gun at you and threatens you, the police should have just left him alone and not done anything because he was old.

Some of you people are a special kind of stupid. You talk about individual liberties and b*tch that the cops take too long to get there or don't do anything, then you turn around and say after somebody points a gun at you and threatens you, the police should have just left him alone and not done anything because he was old.
    Hey hey, did anyone call you "SPECIAL KIND OF STUPID" you have shared your opinion, wrong but yours none the less, there is no need for name calling. You should be mindful of your
    remarks and act with some civility.

You obvious don't have a clue about the rules of engagement, if you did you wouldn't make such a bemused statement.
    The rules of engagement? I'm not in country in more but nice try. The only ROE I have to listen to is the law, and the law clearly states if I feel my life is in imminent danger (i.e. somebody's f'ing shooting at me) I can shoot back. That goes for police too. Why don't you go shoot at the police and then try and convince them to leave you alone because you're retarded. Who knows, it might work.

Could you entertain us with what you think the ROE are? (Annnd once again insert Willy Wonka meme here)

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

Have no problem with cops defending themselves when guns are fired in their direction 10-107 or older, but if this is an example of SWAT Action, I would say extremely poor performance.
    Second thought if you need an entire SWAT team to take down a 107 year old man, I can't begin to think how many troops/police it will take to try and confiscate firearms from citizens.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast