Arkansas SWAT kills a 107 year old man - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas SWAT kills a 107 year old man

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Could you entertain us with what you think the ROE are? (Annnd once again insert Willy Wonka meme here)

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor
    Response is for jcreek as well, How do you try to explain what is the proper way of handling a call such as this to " two self appointed authorities " with very limited cerebral matter ?
    You can't, they have their "minds" made up. If they only knew that all the information about the 107 year old, was processed from neighbors and who ever else knew him was performed
    prior to SWAT going in, or should have obtained, this is "STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE" so the team has an idea what their up against.

But the 2 authorities couldn't know this unless they had prior experience to such knowledge. Also, do we know if all the information mentioned above was obtained prior to SWAT engaging ?
    No we don't, this agency may have acted without all the facts.

Was the SWAT team justified in killing the old man? Absolutely, could they have waited and exhausted other avenues ? YES Did they try "gas" first or any other non lethal method ? NOPE
    In my opinion they hastily and harshly used deadly force because they chose to.

Yes they did try gas which cause the 107 year old man to fire shots at the window Swat then busted down the door and shot him multiple times.

The government, it's alphabet agencies, and law enforcement are all out of control. Big picture my friends, look at the big picture.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    The government, it's alphabet agencies, and law enforcement are all out of control. Big picture my friends, look at the big picture.
    Again, like I said, while the above statement may be true, I don't believe this is an instance demonstrating that. If I was one of those cops I would have done the exact same thing and would not have felt an ounce of regret simply because he was old.

Oh come on. They were just PO'd at him because he did not have a pet for them to shoot. I mean, they are SWAT. They had to kill something so that their boners would go down.

Ok all of you defending the actions taken by the police and SWAT team try defending these two idiots.
    Bystanders hit after cops open fire on suspect near Times Square - U.S. News

Police officers fired shots at an agitated man in Times Square late Saturday, thinking he was armed. The bullets struck two bystanders instead, though the
    injuries were not fatal. TODAY's Thomas Roberts reports.
    By WNBC's Shimon Prokupecz and NBC News' F. Brinley Bruton
    NEW YORK Police opened fire after a confrontation with an emotionally disturbed man near New York City's Times Square late on Saturday night, hitting two women nearby, police told NBC's affiliate WNBC.
    The shooting occurred after the 35-year-old man had behaved wildly and pretended to point a gun at officers, police said in a statement.

Cell phone video captures the scene as two bystanders are injured in a shooting near Times Square on Saturday night. No one was killed.
    "The male was blocking traffic and appeared to be attempting to be struck by vehicles when the officer attempted to take him into custody," the statement added.
    "The male eluded the officer, and when additional officers responded to the scene, the male put his hand in his pocket and then took it out, simulating that he was shooting at the officers."
    Two different police officers then shot at the man but missed him and hit two women instead, the police said.
    One of the women, 35, was grazed in the shooting, which occurred in the famed crossing at 8th Avenue and West 42nd Street just after 10 p.m. on Saturday.
    A second 54-year-old woman was hit in the knee, police said. Neither had injuries considered life threatening, police said.
    "The male was taken into custody after being struck by a Taser fired by a sergeant who responded to the scene," the statement added.
    Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly was expected to give a briefing from Bellevue Hospital where the woman hit in the knee was being treated.
    NBC News' Heather Lacy contributed to this report.
    Now the last Police Officer used the correct amount of force and training so you don't need to defend him but the other two need your help.

Arkansas SWAT kills a 107 year old man

How is that even remotely the same thing? They shot an unarmed man, and struck two innocent people. The cops in the OP shot a man who was actively shooting back, and only hit their intended target? Nobody here once said that police are right all the time. We were defending the cops in the OPs specific incident.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Again, like I said, while the above statement may be true, I don't believe this is an instance demonstrating that. If I was one of those cops I would have done the exact same thing and would not have felt an ounce of regret simply because he was old.
    You said it, "IF I WAS" well you're not nor ever have been, so how can you give a intelligent answer about SWAT ? all you can do is talk and play Monday morning quarter back, and that is it
    so give it a rest. You have no idea what it's like!

Quote Originally Posted by duke7595 View Post
    You said it, "IF I WAS" well you're not nor ever have been, so how can you give a intelligent answer about SWAT ? all you can do is talk and play Monday morning quarter back, and that is it
    so give it a rest. You have no idea what it's like!
    And you're a SWAT officer?

and you're a swat officer?
    Yes East Coast, very large city SO PLEASE give it a rest.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast