self defense on the road - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: self defense on the road

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmc64 View Post
    He would have been wise to just get his plate and call it in. But in no way should anyone expect to be shot at for pulling up next to a car! Idiots like that guy who would shoot at a car next to him going down the road feeds the gun grabbers idea that we are all crazy or dangerous. I will fight for my right to defend myself and family but as a responsible gun owner I would not fire out of a moving car, that is inexcusable and anyone could have been shot. If I'm going to have to live with having killed someone my life had better be in danger not my pride.
    He wasn't shot at for simply pulling up next to the other vehicle, he was shot at because he was FILMING the other vehicle. The driver who did the filming, IMHO, is just as guilty of reckless driving. If he is so gung ho to document dangerous driving by other drivers, maybe he should install a vehicle mounted camera with a remote control similar to those used by hard core storm chasers or law enforcement.

oh, so now it's OKAY to shoot at people, just because they videotape you committing outrageous acts, eh? If you try that on me, you'd better make very certain that I am dead, because I will devote the rest of my life to finding you, and you won't like it even a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    oh, so now it's OKAY to shoot at people, just because they videotape you committing outrageous acts, eh? If you try that on me, you'd better make very certain that I am dead, because I will devote the rest of my life to finding you, and you won't like it even a little bit.
    Another strange post from you. Weird.

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

And so now it's OK to devote your life to tracking down somebody to find them and doing something heinous to them?

I wouldn't publicly post stuff like that since any District Attorney could easily find your post and use it against you if you do what you state above.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

you bet your butt it is, if they shoot at you. Outrageous behavior like that needs to be stopped. I"m not as stupid as most people. I understand that once such things are done, you have to be "in the wind" forever. Actually, that's not all that big a deal, if you know what to do about it and can scare up about 20k, over the period of a year.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    you bet your butt it is, if they shoot at you. Outrageous behavior like that needs to be stopped. I"m not as stupid as most people. I understand that once such things are done, you have to be "in the wind" forever. Actually, that's not all that big a deal, if you know what to do about it and can scare up about 20k, over the period of a year.
    Eric? Eric Rudolph? Is that you?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Can't help but wonder if the doc is mental... Can understand his paranoia up to pointing the pistol....pulling the trigger seems over the top - particularly on a crowded highway where the down range is constantly changing. My money's on mental.

That's just stupid to say something like that.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

FNWylde Guest
    I"m not AS stupid as most people.
    You should have stopped there...

I understand that once such things are done, you have to be "in the wind" forever. Actually, that's not all that big a deal, if you know what to do about it and can scare up about 20k, over the period of a year.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    An update to the story is that the driver who pulled his gun is a prison employee, A prison doctor. While I don't support what that driver did, it will be interesting to see if he claims that he pulled his gun because he thought he was being followed by an associate or relative of a prisoner and felt that his life was in danger.

On a side note, if texting while driving is considered reckless, then what is use of a cell phone video camera? The driver who used his cell phone video camera could just as easily have noted the reckless driver's license number and called the police. His own actions were intimidating and reckless IMHO.
    It's not considered reckless. If it was, they would have needed ANOTHER law for it...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast