Would I be lawfully able to draw my ccw in this situation? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would I be lawfully able to draw my ccw in this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
    Have you thought about training in the martial arts? In the scenario you described, I have no doubt that my superior hand to hand skill would take down two punks in the blink of an eye.
    Next you'll say your hands are registered weapons?????? You're a hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by TroutKing View Post
    Next you'll say your hands are registered weapons?????? You're a hoot!
    I guess they would be with sleeve guns . Wild Dog thinks he's a Ferrari but he's nothing more than a Ford Pinto with a busted muffler. I think he's off his meds.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by JJaggar View Post
    I am a fairly small person 5'7, skinny, bout 125 pounds. If I was physically attacked by one or 2 persons significantly bigger than myself, say the attackers are not armed with any weapons but their own means of brutality (fists, kicks) I wouldn't ever want to draw my pistol on anyone without a weapon, but I'm not a good fighter. Like what if while I was getting beat up they saw I carried and could grab my gun and use it against me. My question is would i lawfully be able to use my firearm in a situation such as this?
    We aren lawyers, asking the Internet this question is unwise.

I am a fairly small person 5'7, skinny, bout 125 pounds. If I was physically attacked by one or 2 persons significantly bigger than myself, say the attackers are not armed with any weapons but their own means of brutality (fists, kicks) I wouldn't ever want to draw my pistol on anyone without a weapon, but I'm not a good fighter. Like what if while I was getting beat up they saw I carried and could grab my gun and use it against me. My question is would i lawfully be able to use my firearm in a situation such as this?
    As mentioned by others, depends on your states laws.

In my state, the use of lethal force is justified to prevent death, serious injury, or sexual assault. Given that a single kick to the head can kill, it would be justified in my state.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Tool of LAST RESORT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TroutKing View Post
    Tool of LAST RESORT!!!
    When you are a little fellow like JJaggar, that is your tool of last resort. Remember, he said he couldn't fight well so he would be foolish to let someone pound him into the ground. I remember an old saw, "Don't start a fight with an old man who can't fight. He will kill you!" Could apply to a little man also.

What's the adage: Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6?

Know and abide by your state's laws! I am NOT a lawyer, however, so I don't give 2A or other legal advice.

P.S. I am shorter at 5'5" and probably older (63), but I also live in a very RED/2A-friendly state. I'll take my chances here, TY.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    When you are a little fellow like JJaggar, that is your tool of last resort. Remember, he said he couldn't fight well so he would be foolish to let someone pound him into the ground. I remember an old saw, "Don't start a fight with an old man who can't fight. He will kill you!" Could apply to a little man also.
    Very good advise OG! I remember a old post that you did about how you aren't the young spry person you once were. I am in the same condition. Which is one reason why I carry. Years ago I may have been able to at least make the BG limp away. But today most likely the BG will have a club, knife or a gun and will not just be satisfied with taking only my wallet or money.

It seems the BG's today want to take your life along with your money!!

The only people who can honestly answer this question are the jurers at your trial.

The county Sheriff and the DA have been holding community meetings on the rights of citizens to use lethal force for self defense.

The question was specifically asked, can a person with limited physical ability draw on a younger, stronger, or multiple bad guys threat even if a weapon is not seen. The answer was yes, if you see younger, stronger bad guys as a threat that could cause you serious injury or death. Just being knocked to the ground could do that in the elderly, broken hips, etc.

State law states that the use of lethal force is justified to prevent serious injury, sexual assault or death.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast