5 Things Every Reasonable Gun Owner Ought To Know - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: 5 Things Every Reasonable Gun Owner Ought To Know

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,819
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Wow !!!

    There sure were a lot of XD40... sock puppets !!!

    I had to list about a dozen of them on my ignore list.
    No, you didn't.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  2.   
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    No, you didn't.
    Rounded to the nearest dozen it was about a dozen.

    Do you not know how rounding works in math?

    Or are you yet another one of XD40's sock puppets ??

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,819
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Rounded to the nearest dozen it was about a dozen.

    Do you not know how rounding works in math?

    Or are you yet another one of XD40's sock puppets ??
    For the most part, XD and I basically quietly tolerate each other. We're not friends, and certainly not the same person, which is what it means to accuse people of having a "sock puppet" account.

    Even though XD and I aren't particularly friendly, I have no problem giving him props when he is right about something, and in this case he's been right about at least two things that I can see quite clearly concerning you; 1) You are delusional; 2) You act like a SJW in search of a safe space.

    It seems you've already put most of the regulars on ignore, so enjoy your safe-space-solitude. I know you'll claim to not have seen this, but it wasn't for you to begin with. It was for the few left on this board with the sense to recognize and understand the truth when they see it.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  5. #34
    This message is hidden because BluesStringer is on your ignore list.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,253
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    This message is hidden because BluesStringer is on your ignore list.
    This message is being displayed for entertainment purposes. Enjoy!

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Not where I wanna live
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by nukesdg View Post
    A lot of lawyer BS and asumption that you will be detained/arrested
    I guess I'll scaratch your state from of my travel list
    I have discussed this with my local constable and state police seems I should just stay in my own state where me shooting someone/animal who is a threat is ok and no one is going to jail

    Lawyers are proficient at obfuscating and inflating their worth.

    Even in liberal CA, EVERYONE has the right to self-defense, including using deadly force where indicated, w/o fear of arrest.

  8. Good advice for a guilty suspect. Let that sink in.

    I have often said, and still say, that "Most people go to jail because they won't shut up". Yes, they (or YOU if I am speaking editorily) talk themselves into handcuffs and the back of a cruiser.

    BUT...the exception to the above is that an innocent man will not be afraid of the truth, in fact the truth is your armor. With that being said...there IS a brief statement that you SHOULD make if you are involved in a righteous shoot. This ONLY pertains if you were truly an innocent target of a deadly assault and not a "willing participant in mutual combat" or one half of a pair of idiots who "talked **** until it ended in gunfire". In other words YOU did nothing to escalate the conflict.

    If there is any doubt in your own mind that you bear any responsibility in engaging in a conflict that you could have avoided safely at any time before it turned into a shooting, then you better get right with God, get right with a good lawyer, and then shut your pie hole. By the way...shame on you for not being able to be a big boy and walk way.

    So, let's assume that you are virginal in your innocence. You are attacked. You are the intended target of a deadly assault (I hate the word victim), you defend yourself because you are in "immediate and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm".

    Now the "race to the phone" begins. You want to be the one to call the police and request an ambulance. The adage that the first one to the phone is the victim is SO true. Even if you believe your attacker is dead as a bag of hammers, you're not a coroner and it's not your area of expertise, so you say: "I am at ________, I was attacked by a man with a gun/knife/axe and was forced to fire to defend myself. I need the police and an ambulance for the attacker. I am a ____ male, 6 feet tall, approximately 200 pounds, wearing jeans and a white shirt. Please send help".

    Keep your eyes OPEN and remain aware of what is around you. There MAY be friends of the attacker and you may need to be able to defend yourself from a renewed threat. As you are still on the line with 911 do NOT engage in conversation with anyone who may come up and ask you questions. Engage in NO HYPERBOLE such as "I smoked that motherhumper!". If anyone asks what happened..."I was attacked".

    When officers are getting close....the loud woo woo noise and flashy lighty things will be your first clue...HOLSTER YOUR GUN so you don't get dead of stupid for pointing your gun at responding officers who will only know that someone was shot and someone shot that someone.

    "What happened?" - R/O.

    "That man attacked me with a gun/knife/axe. I was forced to fire to defend my life. I want him arrested. The gun/knife/axe is by his right/left hand. I want to cooperate fully, but I am really shaken up right now and I don't want to make any more statements until my legal counsel is present".


    What you have done is:
    1: Establish the active dynamic (YOU were the intended target of a deadly attack).
    2: Said you were FORCED TO FIRE (by the actions of the attacker) TO DEFEND YOUR LIFE (thereby establishing that you believed you were in "immediate and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm" or "immediate fear for your life or crippling injury").
    3: You were the victim. You want him arrested.
    4: Pointed out key evidence (the gun/knife/axe) so that its presence and location are NOTED and will be included in the report.
    5: Affirmed that you WILL cooperate, but that you are asserting your right to remain silent until your attorney is present.

    NOTE: You WILL be shaken up, this is a true and unassailable statement. It is NOT the BS "I'm having chest pains to avoid talking to you" excuse that so many interwebz idiots will advocate. If you truly ARE having chest pains, then by all means seek treatment...but claiming to be shaken up is and will be true unless you're a sociopath.

    Think of it this way...if you say NOTHING, then you are "the guy standing over a dead body with a smoking gun". What is the perception of the person standing over a dead body with a smoking gun? Usually, thanks to the media and entertainment outlets...you are a murderer. How often do you see news stories that say "Good citizen successfully defends their life"? Conversely, how often do you see "A man shot a poor victim of society blah blah blah". If you say NOTHING, you will be perceived as the aggressor. I know, I have seen it many times.

    Do NOT, EVER say how many rounds you fired. Not ever because you will probably be WRONG. "I fired two rounds" and you may BELIEVE it, when in fact you emptied your entire magazine or cylinder into the attacker and you have just made an inaccurate statement, which you may believe to be true but the "special prosecutor" that was hired by the attacker's (though they will call him a saint and a victim of your racism) will chew on like a bone to make you look like a liar.

    The statement you made above when officers arrived will help shield you from those false allegations. You are giving them NOTHING to go on that can make YOU look like the aggressor. Everything you said has planted you squarely in the role of intended victim who was forced to fire to save your life, who also showed compassion by requesting medical help for your attacker, pointed out the weapon that was being used on you which caused you to be in "immediate and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grace bodily harm" and then you got it into the record that you were shaken up (as a compassionate human being would be) and then you STFU.

    Most CRIMINAL DEFENSE attorneys defend CRIMINALS...in other words, their experience is based upon trying to create reasonable doubt against criminal charges in defense of GUILTY defendants. Thus their SAY NOTHING advice is geared toward the guilty man. Most CRIMINAL DEFENSE attorneys will never have represented an innocent man in a trial. Yes, it's true. In reality, the criminal defense attorney is paid to cut the best deal they can for their guilty client.

    If your attorney is one of those...you need another attorney.

    Another good idea is having a CCW insurance policy in addition to your own personal liability insurance that will provide immediate representation, bail, expert witnesses, and eventual trial should you say nothing and are charged which you probably will be if you say nothing. Of course, it's still a good idea to have such a policy.

    If you are forced to fire, the very first words out of your mouth to a witness better damned well be "Are you okay? Did you see the gun he was pointing at us?" Hey, if the gun is pointed in your direction and by extension the witness' direction...then why not get that into the witnesses head? Asking them if they are okay shows YOU were a defender, not an aggressor. You CARE about their well being.

    Be safe...or as safe as you can, but recognize that a brief statement is a layer of armor against a whole bunch of people who will have many millions more seconds to pick apart your actions than you had to act.
    You can't always be safe, but you can always be dangerous.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    You are sending a bad message.

    There is a reason why there is no duty to retreat. The law doesn't say you should not, it does say you don't have to. In states with duty to retreat, you can be very easily charged with murder or manslaughter if there was a way to retreat but you either decided not to, couldn't based on your own judgement, or weren't aware of it.

    Your reasoning about using an the argument of an advancing opponent after retreat in a court of law is nonsense. Was there a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another. That's the legal judgement.

    As for your noble views on self defense, they are for movies and TV shows. Reality is different.
    Exactly...the person you quoted doesn't understand the significance of stand your ground one bit. Many people are like this though.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast