Philly Daily News - Obama breeds fear, fear breeds gun sales, gun sales breed death - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Philly Daily News - Obama breeds fear, fear breeds gun sales, gun sales breed death

wolfhunter Guest
    I once read that punishment must be cruel and unusual to be effective. If it isn't unusual, it's just another day for the BG, if it's not cruel, how is it punishment? The trick is in the DEGREE of cruelty applied. Swatting a puppy for peeing on the floor is cruel and unusual (to the puppy), but it is a measured response. Shooting the puppy for the same offense, is overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer/Wolfhunter View Post
    ~~ The trick is in the DEGREE of cruelty applied.~~
    Yes, Sir How very true.
    Semper Fi

I am a liberal gun owner who lives near Philadelphia. Yeah, I know... liberals are gun grabbers.

However, the problem isn't right wing or left wing, as I and many of my gun owning friends (most are liberals!) can attest to. The problem is the inherent fear of guns, and the problems with the criminal justice system. It isn't the "bleeding heart liberals" or the "gun crazy republicans", but the ENTIRE system.

When a guy who grows a few plants in his basement can get more time in jail than a guy who robs a 7-11 with a gun and shoots the clerk, something is seriously wrong.

Don't like cops getting shot on city streets? Don't let them out of jail. Let the victimless criminals out.

I am a liberal gun owner who lives near Philadelphia. Yeah, I know... liberals are gun grabbers.

However, the problem isn't right wing or left wing, as I and many of my gun owning friends (most are liberals!) can attest to. The problem is the inherent fear of guns, and the problems with the criminal justice system. It isn't the "bleeding heart liberals" or the "gun crazy republicans", but the ENTIRE system.

When a guy who grows a few plants in his basement can get more time in jail than a guy who robs a 7-11 with a gun and shoots the clerk, something is seriously wrong.

Don't like cops getting shot on city streets? Don't let them out of jail. Let the victimless criminals out.

Quote Originally Posted by rayven View Post

I agree with this! The non violent criminals need to be let out if they need room. Had that monster in Kalifornia not been out on parole, four Oakland police officers would still be alive! I see Kalifornia's tough gun control laws worked their magic here.... yeah right! NOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    I agree with this! The non violent criminals need to be let out if they need room. Had that monster in Kalifornia not been out on parole, four Oakland police officers would still be alive! I see Kalifornia's tough gun control laws worked their magic here.... yeah right! NOT!!!
    Criminals will ALWAYS....let me repeat ALWAYS....have guns. I don't care what laws are passed. 99% of the criminal's probably don't even know about firearms law, its a tool they use for poor excuse for a job (my opinion). Taking away law abiding citizen's firearms will NOT stop crimes from happening. Some people (like the writer of the article) have their heads so far up their *****, they can't see the light of day!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    ...Taking away law abiding citizen's firearms will NOT stop crimes from happening. Some people (like the writer of the article) have their heads so far up their *****, they can't see the light of day!
    I live close enough to Philly that my nightly news stations are all Philly based. Every single day, I hear stories about people getting shot, stabbed, robbed, raped, etc. It's a shame for those who have to deal with that crap day in and day out.

Yet the city's response is to try to limit or eliminate guns in the city. Mayor Nutter (yes, that really is his name!) tried to go around the state's firearm law and had two of the provisions shot down immediately (the other three are pending). In other words, though, his approach to rising violent crime is to disarm those who would legally be able to defend themselves and others. How insane could you possibly be to think that disarming legal citizens would DROP the crime rate?

As the saying goes "you can't fix stupid". Some people will never get it no matter what the facts are.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    IMHO, part of the issue would be a need to make prisons truly unpleasant places to be
    I agree with this 100%. Make it miserable. Our disciplinary actions are child's play compared to other countries.
    Why do you think countries like Japan and Singapore have lower crime rates? Caning, lashing, fish heads & rice aren't appealing to most. If U.S. prisons are overcrowded, it's obviously not viewed as such a bad place for repeat offenders. They're fed, they can work out, and they can get educated at the expense of the public. Unfortunately, the U.S. has taken a kinder/weaker stance on criminals. Take it back to the days of making big rocks into little rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC268 View Post
    I agree with this 100%. Make it miserable. Our disciplinary actions are child's play compared to other countries.
    Why do you think countries like Japan and Singapore have lower crime rates? Caning, lashing, fish heads & rice aren't appealing to most. If U.S. prisons are overcrowded, it's obviously not viewed as such a bad place for repeat offenders. They're fed, they can work out, and they can get educated at the expense of the public. Unfortunately, the U.S. has taken a kinder/weaker stance on criminals. Take it back to the days of making big rocks into little rocks.
    exactly, that's why you hear about people getting out and commiting a crime to get back in just so they don't have to worry about work, and money and because they get three hots and a cot. Prison should be a scary place. Hel, even back in the day they had a prison just for people with debt, murderers and rapists died. end of story
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast