Philly Daily News - Obama breeds fear, fear breeds gun sales, gun sales breed death - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Philly Daily News - Obama breeds fear, fear breeds gun sales, gun sales breed death

I'm wondering how many of us reading and posting to this thread have clicked on her link and emailed HER with our thoughts!
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    There are more BGs on the street because the bleeding-heart liberals won't send them to prison or death row for doing the crimes they commit.
    Well,my goodness, Piece, you still don't get it, do you?

Just a few thoughts. First guns don't cause deaths,stupidity does. Second, stupidity is not a crime, but it should be. Third, stupid people shouldn't breed. And Finally, If prisoners are entitled to have TV, than why can't I, a law abiding citizen, get the government to pay my Directv bill as well?

I absolutely agree make the prisons a very scary place, like they were back in the beginning no tv's no weight rooms.

figured I'd send her a short email short but to the point:

"It's an unrelenting plague, and its agent of death is - guns"

These "agents of death" are responsible for the protection of your freedom!
    You get to go to work every day and write your ignorant column because people have put themselves in harms way to protect your freedom with a GUN in their hand!!

People will always kill other people it's unfortunately human nature. Murders and assaults happened long before the gun was invented, and will continue if they take them away!! So why not have the right and tools to at least defend yourself and loved ones?

You don't understand it's not the gun that is the problem but the system that prosecutes the people that use them in a violent crimes!

Look it up, every country that has confiscated firearms from the law abiding public have had their crime rates increase two fold IMMEDIATELY....home invasion, rape, murder, robbery, just about any violent felony you can name.....THIS IS A FACT. do you really want to see
    guns go away? if you do then you better be prepared for the aftermath..

P.S. think before you speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    There are more BGs on the street because the bleeding-heart liberals won't send them to prison or death row for doing the crimes they commit.

Do the math: the pplulation of the U.S. (and the world, for that matter) has increased a WHOLE LOT! (Duh!) More people, more crime. And we pass more laws instead of enforcing the ones we already have on the books, so more criminals.

Then we arrest someone who committed a crime with a gun, and in most states, this is a mandatory prison term of at least 10-20 years. But in order to "speed things through the legal system," we let the defense lawyer plea it down to a non-gun offense, and the BG walks after a year or so, or even after "time served."

So more BGs on the street, who could care less that they are breaking the law by having an illegal gun, bought in some back alley.

And if stopping people from having guns would stop gun crime, then we'll soon hear that gun shops should be illegal, because BGs can rob gun shops. Well, then dis-arm the cops, because BGs steal guns from cops. And we can't let any of these miscreants have ANY access to guns.

Give it up, lady! Soon you'll be outlawing cars, airplanes, motorcycles, butcher knives, blenders, and table saws, because, by gawd, somebody could get hurt, or even killed, using those things. And our government is duty-bound to protect us against ourselves. I have a suggestion for her - go live in Asia, where the government takes care of every aspect of your life. That way, you don't need to be responsible for anything.
    If not having access to guns should reduce crime, why has D.C. had such high crime rates for a long time?

I'm new here,
    I really like it here already. A long time ago, on an AM talk radio station,late night, there was a host. Last name Williams I think. His veiw was that if you comited a crime against humanity, you would be sent to an Island to spend the rest of your life with other criminals. No way to get releast. you get one change of clothes and a bag of seeds and your on your own. You live/die in that place with no outside suport. no chance of escape. Imagine not spending one dime to keep the DG's away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangba View Post
    I'm new here,
    I really like it here already. A long time ago, on an AM talk radio station,late night, there was a host. Last name Williams I think. His veiw was that if you comited a crime against humanity, you would be sent to an Island to spend the rest of your life with other criminals. No way to get releast. you get one change of clothes and a bag of seeds and your on your own. You live/die in that place with no outside suport. no chance of escape. Imagine not spending one dime to keep the DG's away.
    He must have watched Escape from New York or Escape from LA.
    Heavily medicated for your protection.

Philly - what a Hell hole.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    IMHO, part of the issue would be a need to make prisons truly unpleasant places to be. First, I would separate violent criminals from non-violent offenders. Non-violent offenders would be able to stay at minimum security facilities with privileges like communal meals, communal exercise, access to television, etc.

For violent offenders, they get a cell of their own, however small we need to make it. Meals are served in the cell. You throw it at the server, you lose that meal. With good behavior you get the ability to attend classes, either through remedial GED systems, or the state college system. For college classes, you may only major in fields that would allow for a person with a violent felony to secure a job (i.e. no education majors, because schools will not hire felons convicted of violent crimes to teach). No more television, period. No communal time outside of classes. No opportunity for an inmate to attend "prison university" in order to learn how better to terrorize the population after leaving the facility. The lack of communal time will also severely reduce or eliminate the transmission of HIV while locked up (no opportunity).

Finally, and probably most contentious: No visitors other than your attorney. If you violate someone else, you do not get to see your family or friends while you are in. Letters, pictures; okay. F2F, not until you get out.
    Chain gangs.. Bring 'em back... Chain the SOB's together, fit them with combo GPS and shocker collars and make them work at gunpoint. Try that for a few years and see how ofter you would want to visit prison...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast