Is cocaine the same as a gun? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Is cocaine the same as a gun?

  1. #11
    I never seen anyone snort a Gun, Tho some druggie's should try..... or they could just shoot up.. Free instruction's provided on request..........................
    Glock Carrier in SC.

    MufDady

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Casper, Wyoming
    Posts
    52
    When I first got my Ruger GP100 someone who didn't know guns said it looked like a cowboy gun. I said "I think it looks more like something a coke dealer in Miami in 1974 would have on his table."
    Right Arm of Wyoming - RKBA rock and roll.
    http://www.rightarmofwyoming.com

  4. #13
    Why wasn't anyone charged with posession? Did the investigators forget that part?

  5. #14
    They both can be dangerous. The difference, A gun has a useful purpose. Cocaine no useful purpose as far as I know.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Casper, Wyoming
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    They both can be dangerous. The difference, A gun has a useful purpose. Cocaine no useful purpose as far as I know.
    It's useful in eye surgery, and in part of a certain test for Parkinson's Disease:
    Cocaine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    MWD
    Right Arm of Wyoming - RKBA rock and roll.
    http://www.rightarmofwyoming.com

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    They both can be dangerous. The difference, A gun has a useful purpose. Cocaine no useful purpose as far as I know.
    I don't think cocaine's usefulness matters for the purpose of this discussion. After all, one could argue keeping alcohol in the house serves no purpose other than recreation.

    Cocaine's legal status aside for the sake of argument, I agree both can be dangerous. It is completely irresponsible for a parent or guardian to allow a child access to drugs (legal or otherwise) or to any loaded firearm. As common sense dictates this also applies to household cleaners and other chemicals, a hot iron or stove, etc.

    Not all drug users are abusers, nor are they all irresponsible morons. These people, however, seem to fit nicely into that stereotype. I'm saddened any child is in a situation such as this, and I'm sincerely thankful the kid is ok. I hope this turns out to be a lasting wake-up call for the adults involved, and serves as a warning to the children later in life.

    I understand the point Capt. Locklear was trying to make, but I don't think it was a very good analogy. It's really too bad firearms have been demonized to the point where this is a common and accepted viewpoint, especially in the media.
    South Carolina CWP holder and proud member of GrassRoots GunRights

  8. #17
    ConditionOne, I agree with most of what you just said. I think the original analogy was prety poor. Analogies are a good method of communication when properly used. The idea is a relate something that the audience has knowledge of or experience with to something else that the audience might not have experience with or knowledge of. But in order to do that, you need an analogy that does not fall apart logically. Perhaps if Capt. Locklear had used a better analogy, and possibly a better explination, his point might have come accoss better.

    What's with all the South Carolina posters on this site? I am certainly not complaining. Hopefully with all the discusion that goes on here, we can galvanize some support for positive reforms here in the People's Republic of South Carolina.

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ConditionOne View Post
    I don't think cocaine's usefulness matters for the purpose of this discussion. After all, one could argue keeping alcohol in the house serves no purpose other than recreation.

    Cocaine's legal status aside for the sake of argument, I agree both can be dangerous. It is completely irresponsible for a parent or guardian to allow a child access to drugs (legal or otherwise) or to any loaded firearm. As common sense dictates this also applies to household cleaners and other chemicals, a hot iron or stove, etc.

    Not all drug users are abusers, nor are they all irresponsible morons. These people, however, seem to fit nicely into that stereotype. I'm saddened any child is in a situation such as this, and I'm sincerely thankful the kid is ok. I hope this turns out to be a lasting wake-up call for the adults involved, and serves as a warning to the children later in life.

    I understand the point Capt. Locklear was trying to make, but I don't think it was a very good analogy. It's really too bad firearms have been demonized to the point where this is a common and accepted viewpoint, especially in the media.
    I don't think cocaine's usefulness matters for the purpose of this discussion. After all, one could argue keeping alcohol in the house serves no purpose other than recreation.

    Although I do not drink any alcohol very often I would not put it in the same category as cocaine. Any use of cocaine other than perhaps prescribed by a physician for certain medical conditions as far as I am concerned is completely irresponsible to say the least. That is why I made the statement about the usefulness of cocaine compared to guns. IMHO.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  10. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Although I do not drink any alcohol very often I would not put it in the same category as cocaine. Any use of cocaine other than perhaps prescribed by a physician for certain medical conditions as far as I am concerned is completely irresponsible to say the least. That is why I made the statement about the usefulness of cocaine compared to guns. IMHO.
    Understood, and I'm not saying I disagree. I just meant that regardless of it's legal status or it's potential for abuse, any parent who allows their kids access to those types of things is grossly irresponsible, and in any such case comparing it to a legal firearm is a poor analogy.
    South Carolina CWP holder and proud member of GrassRoots GunRights

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ConditionOne View Post
    Understood, and I'm not saying I disagree. I just meant that regardless of it's legal status or it's potential for abuse, any parent who allows their kids access to those types of things is grossly irresponsible, and in any such case comparing it to a legal firearm is a poor analogy.
    Agreed. A major problem in this country is a lack of parental supervision, discipline, and moral instruction.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast