.45 too much for home defense? - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: .45 too much for home defense?

1. Im really scratching my head over this one. I carry the Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm Compact with Federal Hydra-Shock rounds for personal protection. This is the firearm that I can comfortably fire several rounds quickly and remain on target. I find that my follow-through with a .45 isn't something that I would entrust my life to. If I ever have to draw the gun and actually using it, I plan on firing several shots quicly with two quick hits to the chest and 1-2 quick hits to the head. I cannot do that with a .45.

I guess I just dont understand why one choice in caliber should be viewed differently in a court of law.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    I guess I just dont understand why one choice in caliber should be viewed differently in a court of law.
    The prosicution will try to say you could have used a much smaller gun, that a 45 is over kill. I would say it was my intent to stop the threat with as little shooting as possible.

When folks ask me why I carry a 45 I just smile and tell them it's because they don't make a 46!

50AE is a much more even number than 45.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    50AE is a much more even number than 45.
    i agree. and with a thousand more foot pounds of energy. but for it to be as effective as it could be, one has to hit the intended target for best results.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dude View Post
    The prosicution will try to say you could have used a much smaller gun, that a 45 is over kill. I would say it was my intent to stop the threat with as little shooting as possible.

When folks ask me why I carry a 45 I just smile and tell them it's because they don't make a 46!
    Use what ever the hell you have to protect your home, and family. If the shooting is found justified by the authorities, I don't think what firearm used is going to matter. Perpetrators have been shot down with 10 gauge goose guns, and 30.06 rifles. Always remember to consider what is behind your target.

If in doubt shoot, shovel and shut up.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Liberals hate all guns, get over it.

I might as well say it, liberals hate all guns. They despise gunowners and think we are all evil people. And there is never going to be any gun that they find acceptable for us commanfolk to own.

Handguns, liberals favorite target
    Small caliber handguns that are easy to conceal, liberals call them Saturday Night Specials.
    Big Mean looking pistols like the Tec-9 and Cobray M-11, liberals call them assault pistols and want them banned.
    Pistols with laser sites, liberals want them banned.
    Compact pistols of service caliber, liberals call them pocket rockets and want them banned.
    Hunting pistols such as T/C contenders or hunting revolvers, liberals call them assasin pistols and want them banned.
    Handguns in general, liberals want them banned, banned, banned.

Rifles are not exempt either.
    Fifty Caliber, liberals want them banned.
    Rifles with bayonette lugs, flash supressors, pistol grips, or folding stocks, liberals call them assault weapons and want them banned.
    Hunting rifles with optical sites, liberals call them sniper rifles and want them banned too.

Shotguns
    Own a shotgun that is an inch less than 27 inches long, the ATF just might shoot your dog, son, and unarmed wife. Liberals thought it was ok to kill Vicki Weaver.

Liberals hate all guns. No matter what caliber, no matter how big or small, they want them banned.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I might as well say it, liberals hate all guns. They despise gunowners and think we are all evil people. And there is never going to be any gun that they find acceptable for us commanfolk to own.

Handguns, liberals favorite target
    Small caliber handguns that are easy to conceal, liberals call them Saturday Night Specials.
    Big Mean looking pistols like the Tec-9 and Cobray M-11, liberals call them assault pistols and want them banned.
    Pistols with laser sites, liberals want them banned.
    Compact pistols of service caliber, liberals call them pocket rockets and want them banned.
    Hunting pistols such as T/C contenders or hunting revolvers, liberals call them assasin pistols and want them banned.
    Handguns in general, liberals want them banned, banned, banned.

Rifles are not exempt either.
    Fifty Caliber, liberals want them banned.
    Rifles with bayonette lugs, flash supressors, pistol grips, or folding stocks, liberals call them assault weapons and want them banned.
    Hunting rifles with optical sites, liberals call them sniper rifles and want them banned too.

Shotguns
    Own a shotgun that is an inch less than 27 inches long, the ATF just might shoot your dog, son, and unarmed wife. Liberals thought it was ok to kill Vicki Weaver.

Liberals hate all guns. No matter what caliber, no matter how big or small, they want them banned.
    What on earth does this posting have to do with the topic? Shouldn't you post this else wheres? G50AE, its bad enough you are digging up postings that were dead, and buried a year or longer, now you are hijacking threads. BTW, use the spell check provided. Enough already. OK?

The point is, liberals think any gun is too much for self defense or home defense. I does not matter whether we are talking about a 45ACP, a shotgun, or an Airsoft gun.

Liberals are even scared of kids drawing pictures of guns or a kid pointing a chicken finger at another kid and saying "Bang". Both activities have gotten kids either suspended or expelled from public schools under "zero-tolerance" policies.

i seen the point he was trying to make. no reason to be rude there iceman.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast