"Shoot To Wound" Advocates Watch Too Much TV - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Shoot To Wound" Advocates Watch Too Much TV

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second. What exactly does shoot to stop mean? Can't it be argued that shoot to wound IS shooting to stop? Can somebody precisely define shoot to stop? Obviously, killing the perp is stopping him, but on more than one occasion, it is suggested that shoot to stop can also be done without killing. How?
    "Shoot to stop" means to end the danger. Trying to "shoot to wound" doesn't do that. If you shoot someone and the danger ends good, if they keep coming shoot again. I know you said you're playing devil's advocate, but I believe shoot to wound is doing that. For one you're leaving yourself open to a law suit. For another the danger may still exist. Always "shoot to stop". Remember we're talking deadly force here.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksharkL82 View Post
    I, have taken human life. I've seen veteran cops, puke at the time of shooting a person.
    I've seen Marines, do the same thing.
    Some, never recover.
    Would I kill again? Yes.
    I assume you did this as a matter of duty in the military / or as a LEO....

Thank You for your service..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second. What exactly does shoot to stop mean? Can't it be argued that shoot to wound IS shooting to stop? Can somebody precisely define shoot to stop? Obviously, killing the perp is stopping him, but on more than one occasion, it is suggested that shoot to stop can also be done without killing. How?
    In a dire situation as the scenario discussed in this thread, do you think that you are actually ponder that thought? NOT!!
    The dead tell no tales! A traumatic and sad event having to take another humans life? Yes it has to be....absolutely! Have I ever done this? No and hope to never have to. Could I and would I if needed? Yes.
    So, my question to you is this....
    Would you rather be traumatized and sad and your loved ones safe? Or at room temperature.
    An ARMED individual is a CITIZEN! ...An UNARMED individual is a SUBJECT!

shoot to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    I assume you did this as a matter of duty in the military / or as a LEO....

Thank You for your service..
    Yes.
    MICHAEL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12