When Seconds Count...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Seconds Count...

When Seconds Count...

The police are minutes away. In this case 18 minutes. Listen to the 911 operator handle this call:
    3TV Extra | Video On Demand | Arizona | azfamily.com

I don't know about you, but this makes me ill...
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Unhappy Good post, NDS....

I would be very interested to find out more about this. Any more info?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Red face Whoops, found it myself.....

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

That whole thing is nauseating.

Sounds very much like the "recidivistic slime" that Ted Nugent referred to in the other post...

The system, which is sorely broken, continues to release these monsters on its own society. Nauseating indeed.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

While I understand the vast liability a government would incur if it were to 'guarentee' police protection, the wording of the court in Warren v. D.C. is disturbing to me ...

"..fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Another reason for the 2nd amendment

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

This is so sad. I feel so bad for the woman on the phone. I can't believe this.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

I also want to say....this Woman handled herself very well I think (the victim). I am sick to my stomach for her. In the same situation I would be so upset for the loss of my wife and child. I would be a wreck. I wonder why they did that? I hope they caught them.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Angry 18 Min.=Unreasonable!!

With the increase in police every where in the US, 18Min. is a very unreasonable response time!!

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYBOB44 View Post
    With the increase in police every where in the US, 18Min. is a very unreasonable response time!!
    It's not whenyou look where Arivaca is on the map. This is why we need to provide for our own protection, Like the saying goes, "when seconds counts the police are only monutes away". Tjis is so true even in highly patroled urban areas.
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast