What woud have done in this situation? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What woud have done in this situation?

That's why I like carrying the XD-40 and at least one spare mag. I've got 12+1 in the gun, and 12 more in my pocket. Plus the P-11 with 10 more (sometimes).

And I would think that since none of the punks produced a gun during the hassle, they were probably relying on sheer numbers to intimidate the family. Once two or three of them went down, the rest of them probably wouldn't feel so big. And in a crowd of 50, it wouldn't be too hard to start hitting targets. Like fish in a barrel.

And I wouldn't pull my gun and threaten them. If it comes out, it's going to be fired. In Florida, there is no responsibility to back down when confronted - if you are in fear of your life and/or that of your family (and I would think that being confronted by 50 punks would qualify), you may use deadly force.
    -= Piece Corps =-

And I wouldn't pull my gun and threaten them. If it comes out, it's going to be fired. In Florida, there is no responsibility to back down when confronted - if you are in fear of your life and/or that of your family (and I would think that being confronted by 50 punks would qualify), you may use deadly force.[/quote]

Punks out to do damage to me or my family deserve what they get. It does'nt matter if they are black or white if they are bent on doing harm. I would pull my M&P 45 auto and empty it. By then I hope the ones left will be smart enough to run before i slap in the next mag

LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!

I agree, there's a different standard in the media and in some peoples minds...but really I couldn't care less what color the 50 are running towards me. I'll shoot white, black, asian, eskimo, hispanic...you name it. If they're intent on doing harm...F 'em.

I like to believe I'm equal opportunity when it comes to protecting the family....you (the BG's) can all die equally.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    The "White Power" nut jobs will have a field day with this. What i don't get is where is Rev Jesse Jackson Or Al Sharpton? Had this been a group of 50 white teens on a black family they would show up like Crap flies on freshly found crap. We would see this being called a hate crime and a demand for the police to do something. We would see marches in the streets and so on. Things like this just add wood to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by fataugie View Post
    I agree, there's a different standard in the media and in some peoples minds...but really I couldn't care less what color the 50 are running towards me. I'll shoot white, black, asian, eskimo, hispanic...you name it. If they're intent on doing harm...F 'em.

I like to believe I'm equal opportunity when it comes to protecting the family....you (the BG's) can all die equally.
    Yeah same here. LOL.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

What would you have done?

If you pulled a pistol you had better used it or some one in that crowd would have taken it away from you. It's a shame America has gotten in this condition. I remember a time when this would not have happened. There was crime but not like there is now. You will not see the Race Baiters out to desparage the behaviour of these jerks. The hate crimes are only for the minorities. I did not carry for years but now every where I go "Poncho" is with me, if it is legal. In Ga. there are some funny restrictions on where you can carry. We are finally getting a rewritting of the old laws but they are only doing a few a year. Be careful and aware of your surroundings.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their arms.”__ Samuel Adams

Wow.

Honestly, I probably would've instructed my family to get in the house and lock the doors, ready to call 911. Then I would've ignored the group's verbal attempts to get me to fight first hoping they would just move on. Not sure I would've pulled since I only carry a single clip. Also, I would not want to pull my gun killing one or two knowing they could overpower and take the gun from me, killing me, and possibly my family.

Hard to say, though, unless you're in that situation. I agree we cannot let this happen in America. I will also start carrying a second clip, even though it's heavy.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSumter View Post
    Wow.

Honestly, I probably would've instructed my family to get in the house and lock the doors, ready to call 911. Then I would've ignored the group's verbal attempts to get me to fight first hoping they would just move on. Not sure I would've pulled since I only carry a single clip. Also, I would not want to pull my gun killing one or two knowing they could overpower and take the gun from me, killing me, and possibly my family.

Hard to say, though, unless you're in that situation. I agree we cannot let this happen in America. I will also start carrying a second clip, even though it's heavy.
    So what about the family friend who the mob is attacking? Would you just leave him to be beat and maybe killed? While you hide in side the house watching him get beat to death? Remember the only reason the guy jumped into the fight is because the mod was attacking a family friend.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    So what about the family friend who the mob is attacking? Would you just leave him to be beat and maybe killed? While you hide in side the house watching him get beat to death? Remember the only reason the guy jumped into the fight is because the mod was attacking a family friend.
    Sorry, I forgot about him from the story. Edit my original story to say, "I'd instruct everybody at my party to get inside the house..."

Knowing my buddy, he'd be packing and standing beside me. I would completely lay down my life for his.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSumter View Post
    Sorry, I forgot about him from the story. Edit my original story to say, "I'd instruct everybody at my party to get inside the house..."

Knowing my buddy, he'd be packing and standing beside me. I would completely lay down my life for his.
    Yes but you miss the point yet again. In the story the friend had already been engaged. Remember he was standing on the porch and the Mob came up and yelling "This is our world and it's a black world" Then started beating him. So you maybe able to tell everyone else to go inside but one of your friends is all ready in the fight and is no longer by your side. You would have a few seconds to act Jump into the fight and try and help or draw a weapon and end the fight? It's one of them catch 22's really. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I would not wish this on anyone.

11. This is a horrible scenario. ******* color, ******* race, threaten my family, and you never see the light of tomorrow. I would have shot the first one on me and watched the other run, a gun is scarier in real life, and I think those jerks would have wet their pampers

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast