What woud have done in this situation? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What woud have done in this situation?

perhaps it is time that some of us "other" people should have our own team of civil rights rabble rousers to charge in and make noise and press when we are victims of hate crimes?
    Question is who could we get that would have the visibility to draw the press?
    Thou shalt maintain thy airspeed...lest the ground come up and smite thee

It would draw the press....don't worry about that. The first question they'd ask our side was...where are our white hoods. Or the question would start something like "So why do you hate these poor individuals who are just trying to express the rage they have?" Somehow, the it's the victim's fault.

Our side...and I don't mean white or black or whatever, will never be welcome by the press....we like GUNS! And Rule of Law. And believe in GOD.

We should be lucky, in their eyes, that we are allowed to live among the enlightened ones. We're hillbillies to them.
    Don't worry....they'll fix us. They have plans for our side.

So while I understand your idea....I doubt it would have the desired effect.

Quote Originally Posted by wargroom View Post
    perhaps it is time that some of us "other" people should have our own team of civil rights rabble rousers to charge in and make noise and press when we are victims of hate crimes?
    Question is who could we get that would have the visibility to draw the press?

In Georgia where I have a CCL, the rule of thumb is "if any reasonable person in the same circumstances would believe their life is threatened," then deadly force is justifiable. Also, three factors go into this definition of "life being threatened." 1. The other person or persons have the ability to kill you. i.e.There are three of them and one of you. They had a deadly weapon like a bat, or knife, or just fists if they are must larger than you. 2. They have the opportunity to kill you. The person is close enough to actually harm you. If they are 100 yards away, you would not be justified in shooting them even if they met condition 1. Usually 30 feet or closer is considered close enough to someone to either shoot you or get to you in less that 3 seconds to inflict harm on you with their bare hands. 3. They must be intent on harming you. A person may meet condition 1 and 2 but not have any intention on harming you. They may show their intent in various ways. i.e. They may say, "I'm going to kill you!" They may banish their firearm. They may not stop approaching you when you command them to stop. If you sense a threat from a person approaching you and you command them to stop and they do not stop, this indicates their intent on harming you. Why else would they not stop and keep their distance? You may also read their body language and it shouts anger and murderous intent. Note all three conditions must be met. If anyone of them is missing you will probably not be justifiable in using deadly force.

When all three of these conditions are met, then any reasonable person in your circumstance would believe their life to be threatened. In Georgia there is no duty to retreat law, but I think if there is any way to avoid a gun fight, take it. You will always have two fights. The gun fight, then the legal fight afterwards. Even if the law says you were justifiable, the family of the person you shot may sue you in civil court.

My boss emailed me this story when it was first posted. My reply to him was, "gee, I thought two 15 round mags was enough. I guess I gotta start carrying four 15 round mags."

Soon gonna start to look like Rambo.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    My boss emailed me this story when it was first posted. My reply to him was, "gee, I thought two 15 round mags was enough. I guess I gotta start carrying four 15 round mags."

A lot of people carry three mags two on the side and one in the gun. If you carry 9mm that's about 57 rounds. So you would have a few rounds left lol.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    A lot of people carry three mags two on the side and one in the gun. If you carry 9mm that's about 57 rounds. So you would have a few rounds left lol.
    Yeah, I have 15 rounders (.357 sig) plus one in the pipe. I'da been 4 rounds short.

Of corse if someone would have started popping off rounds, these wanna-be bad boys woulda scattered like cock roaches when the lights turn on.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, I have 15 rounders (.357 sig) plus one in the pipe. I'da been 4 rounds short.

Of corse if someone would have started popping off rounds, these wanna-be bad boys woulda scattered like cock roaches when the lights turn on.
    Yes and no. Yes when the shots started to ring out they would have took off running. But for how long? How long before they all returned and but this time armed to the teeth with SKS's/ Choppers ( that's what gang bangers call the AK-47 so i have been told) handguns and shotguns. Then what? We have a little war going on? I know some people would say bring it on and suit up in their legal body armor and lock and load. Your single fire Ar-15 up against illegally made full auto Ak-47's.

LOL a few rounds short is not a good thing when in a gun fight. The new XD-m 9mm carry's what something like 20-21 rounds?

You could get something like this. LOL i think it's over kill and in no way would you be able to conceal it.

[IMG][/IMG]

How about this? And it's only $15.

How about this? And it's only $15.
    LOL now that's over kill. The one i posted is like 149 dollars lol.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast