What woud have done in this situation?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What woud have done in this situation?

What woud have done in this situation?

Ohio.com - Akron police investigate teen mob attack on family .
    Unbelieveable this happened. It s only getting worse.

Unhappy Racism is ugly, no matter which group is victimized.

If it had been me in the same position, someone would probably have been killed.

While many would look at this and say "Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt.", I would say that the true direct cost will be far higher, in Akron and the rest of the country.

When petty thugs, of any color or self identified group, successfully victimize innocents, it encourages an escalation on the perpetrators side (see, we didn't even get caught!), as well as a model for others entertaining similar thoughts.

While I will fight for anyone's first amendment right to have and voice stupid opinions (It's a black world! or White Power!), when they begin affecting other's rights to peace and safety, then it is time to act. One thug on the pavement with a bullet in his or her behind would have made these hooligans think twice before attacking someone else.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

One Gun against 50 kids?? Hummm..
    Here is my 1st thought..
    I would say, if you pull it, you better empty it.. With that many people, there is a chance (a small chance) someone could take the gun from you (You cant shoot 15 people all coming at you at once). If you empty the clip, at least they can't use it against you and your family..
    Sure if you get off the 1st shot, everyone backs away, you're good.. But if they don't back off.. You better be ready to empty it and hope none of the 50 are armed..

What are the chances out of 50 thugs, there is at least one gun????

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

in Texas, you don't have to take a beating before drawing firearm
    once threat is realized (50 thugs) and "fear for my life" felt.....
    one can draw weapon and start shooting
    but how many shots fired and how many killed may play a part in if you get charged or not!!

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    Here is my 1st thought..
    I would say, if you pull it, you better empty it.. With that many people, there is a chance (a small chance) someone could take the gun from you (You cant shoot 15 people all coming at you at once). If you empty the clip, at least they can't use it against you and your family..
    Sure if you get off the 1st shot, everyone backs away, you're good.. But if they don't back off.. You better be ready to empty it and hope none of the 50 are armed..

I understand what you are saying but I will not go down without a fight. If it is meant for me and my family to die we won't go alone.

Speaking from my armchair...I'd say after the first one is hit...I don't know if they're be too many eager to be #2.

As long as they're advancing, keep pulling the trigger and hope like hell you have spare clips on ya.

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    Here is my 1st thought..

You don't have to see weapons to have a clear disparity of force situation here. Pulling out the pistol and threatening to shoot the first ones coming closer may be your only way to avoid the situation.
    "Gun a Month" Club Member

That's true...but really...if it got to that point, analyzing the law would be the last thing on my mind. Survival would be first. 50 people running towards you yelling and seemingly intent on doing you and yours harm....I really could give a s*$t what the law said.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    You don't have to see weapons to have a clear disparity of force situation here. Pulling out the pistol and threatening to shoot the first ones coming closer may be your only way to avoid the situation.

The "White Power" nut jobs will have a field day with this. What i don't get is where is Rev Jesse Jackson Or Al Sharpton? Had this been a group of 50 white teens on a black family they would show up like Crap flies on freshly found crap. We would see this being called a hate crime and a demand for the police to do something. We would see marches in the streets and so on. Things like this just add wood to the fire.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton won't show up until they have some suspects and/or arrest in this case. It won't be to their advantage until they have a scumbag to exploit!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast