Another SC Home Defense Shooting - Page 12
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Another SC Home Defense Shooting

Hey Y'all: Lets be clear about SC law.Rummaging around someone's unoccupied truck or car is NOT part of SC law, although, as in this original thread case, it seems that the prosecutor declined to prosecute for reasons that I do not understand. Do not get me wrong, any of you who want to defend shooting this kid can have at it--I would not. As much as the above is NOT part of SC law, unlawfully or forcibly entering an occupied truck or car or dwelling IS part of SC law and I would not hesitate to teach the slime a lesson---a very serious lesson IF it puts my wife and I in imminent fear of death or great bodily injury. That word "IF" seems to be a point of contention with my thoughts and those of others--I understand my limitations and will not go out of my way to contend with an unknown or number of unknown slimes with unknown arms stealing stuff outside of my locked bedroom--I will leave that to LEOs and stuff insurance. My life is worth more than stuff and machismo.Come into my bedroom and now they are on my terms and I am threatened and they will be taught a lesson.

The one part of this whole thread, that has been taken for granted, almost written in stone, is the statement from the truck owner.

The one hand in pocket, or two hands, then one coming out, whatever, who saw this?

The only provable facts, 19 year old was shot, outside of house, at night.

Looking in the truck? Or peeing on the tire, no proof of activity, by same 19 year old whatsoever.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey lifeguardhall: Your are in a land of what ifs and total paranoia. Have at it--do what you want--don't lecture me with your ridicule and better than me attitude. Just one time that you are wrong I live to see daylight and you do not. ITS JUST STUFF FOR GOD SAKES. Just love it when all of you brave guys sit at your computer in your underwear and are the next coming of Dirty Harry.
    Actually, I'm in the land of Iraq, again and I just got back from an 8 day mission or I would've replied sooner. I wouldn't say that I'm just a guy behind a computer spouting off from the mouth. After 16 years Infantry, Reconnassaince, as a sniper team leader, instructor and combat tours I find that when I hear people ridicule others for having the balls to stand up for themselves AND their property, it makes me a little angry. I'm not saying, nor did I ever say that you should shoot someone for running off with your "STUFF". I, however, believe whole heartedly that there is nothing wrong with checking something out on your property if you aren't sure what it is, prior to calling 911 and doing it armed. If you aren't comfortable doing that, there's nothing wrong with you doing it differently. When someone does leave the house to see what's going on first when for all they know it's just a cat in the garbage, you really shouldn't be so hard pressed to convince everyone that they are more wrong than a football bat.

5. Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. NICE FIRST POST! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't count on BGs not having training with a firearm, or knowing how to use it. That would be a VERY serious assumption mistake. Remember, at personal defense distances, an old lady with cataract problems can shoot you dead in a heartbeat!

The other serious assumption you made is about the physche , build, and manliness of Kelcarry. I know him and I'll guarantee that you wouldn't talk to him like that if you were standing in front of him. I'm 6'2" and I wouldn't talk to him like that!

How about toning down your rhetoric a little? We like to debate here. None of us will shy away from that. But what we don't like here, is someone trying to turn a debate into a "You're an idiot and I'm going to show you how much smarter I am than you" attack. You aren't going to make anyone here think you are some billy-bad-ass. Posts liker you made to kelcary only make you look like billy-dumb-ass. Put your mind in gear before your mouth starts rolling next time.

Look, we can all learn from one another here and enjoy this place, as long as we treat each other with mutual respect and civility. For crying out loud, if everyone would do that, we wouldn't need to even carry these guns. Be part of the solution, not the problem. We face enough bad stuff out on the street. Lets not create an atmosphere here, where we do it to each other at our home computers.

I'm sure you have a lot of valuable info and experience you can add here. If we can help each other learn here by passing along the experience of each other, collectively maybe we can avoid the mistakes and expenses that each of us would have made by ourselves. There are a lot of good folks here. Give them a chance to show you that.
    It may be my first post, but I've been around these forums since they were on the other site. I like to debate as well and I get fired up, when it's nothing more than words being used. I could've catered to you and PC'd it a bit, I don't regret what I said or how I said it. I'm realistic and I will say I'm sorry if I don't conform to your candy coated debates. If he can go on and on bashing a guy that's not even here for doing nothing more than going outside to check on his property, I think I'll be ok giving my opinion in one short swoop. I have no doubt there are a lot of good folks here. My mind is always in gear and I knew/know exactly what I said and how I said it and I can promise you I'd say it to his face or anyone else for that matter. I'm pretty laid back, in fact, the more intense a situation gets, the more calm I am. During a discussion or debate though, I will fire back and get excited. It's just how I am. It could be where I currently am at the moment, I have no idea. Thanks for the welcome.

Lifeguardhall, may God Bless and protect you and your team during these arduous times. AND please never PC or candy coat it. People have to hear (and understand it) as it is, not as they would wish it to be. REALITY Check!

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

wolfhunter Guest
    Lifeguardhall, What Mappow said. Stay sharp and safe. Pushing people to be PC is how the Left got ahead, so please call things as you see them.

8. Thanks for the support everyone, it does mean a lot to myself and my guys here!

Quote Originally Posted by lifeguardhall View Post
    Actually, I'm in the land of Iraq, again and I just got back from an 8 day mission or I would've replied sooner. I wouldn't say that I'm just a guy behind a computer spouting off from the mouth. After 16 years Infantry, Reconnaissance, as a sniper team leader, instructor and combat tours I find that when I hear people ridicule others for having the balls to stand up for themselves AND their property, it makes me a little angry. I'm not saying, nor did I ever say that you should shoot someone for running off with your "STUFF". I, however, believe whole heartedly that there is nothing wrong with checking something out on your property if you aren't sure what it is, prior to calling 911 and doing it armed. If you aren't comfortable doing that, there's nothing wrong with you doing it differently. When someone does leave the house to see what's going on first when for all they know it's just a cat in the garbage, you really shouldn't be so hard pressed to convince everyone that they are more wrong than a football bat.
    Excuse my ignorance, what is a football bat?

And thank you for your service.

Keep Safe.

10. Quote Originally Posted by lifeguardhall View Post
    It may be my first post, but I've been around these forums since they were on the other site. I like to debate as well and I get fired up, when it's nothing more than words being used. I could've catered to you and PC'd it a bit, I don't regret what I said or how I said it. I'm realistic and I will say I'm sorry if I don't conform to your candy coated debates. If he can go on and on bashing a guy that's not even here for doing nothing more than going outside to check on his property, I think I'll be ok giving my opinion in one short swoop. I have no doubt there are a lot of good folks here. My mind is always in gear and I knew/know exactly what I said and how I said it and I can promise you I'd say it to his face or anyone else for that matter. I'm pretty laid back, in fact, the more intense a situation gets, the more calm I am. During a discussion or debate though, I will fire back and get excited. It's just how I am. It could be where I currently am at the moment, I have no idea. Thanks for the welcome.
    Well, seems like I made an assumption, like I was accusing you of doing. From your info given, I guess you ARE a BILLY-BAD-ASS! LOL!!!

And yes, I think you are right about where you are right now influencing your attitude towards things, and not giving a rip about being Politically Correct. I hate it myself. If you want to raise hell and talk like you want, have at it! You earned the right to do so! The only thing I would say, take a little time to de-compress when you get back home. The folks here don't live and work where you do, and they will not understand what you have been through. That will cause you some problems potentially. But, I'm sure you've already seen and heard that from other veterans, especially Vietnam Vets. It's not that the folks here don't pray for you everyday, they just don't understand what living on the edge 24/7, 365, is all about.

Keep your head down. We await your successful return, and applaud you for your gallant efforts in defending freedom, for us Americans, and the Iraq people that have been persecuted for so long.
    Keep a steady trigger finger, and keep arranging the meetings with Allah for the Taliban and Al Queda!

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Y'all: Lets be clear about SC law.Rummaging around someone's unoccupied truck or car is NOT part of SC law, although, as in this original thread case, it seems that the prosecutor declined to prosecute for reasons that I do not understand. Do not get me wrong, any of you who want to defend shooting this kid can have at it--I would not. As much as the above is NOT part of SC law, unlawfully or forcibly entering an occupied truck or car or dwelling IS part of SC law and I would not hesitate to teach the slime a lesson---a very serious lesson IF it puts my wife and I in imminent fear of death or great bodily injury. That word "IF" seems to be a point of contention with my thoughts and those of others--I understand my limitations and will not go out of my way to contend with an unknown or number of unknown slimes with unknown arms stealing stuff outside of my locked bedroom--I will leave that to LEOs and stuff insurance. My life is worth more than stuff and machismo.Come into my bedroom and now they are on my terms and I am threatened and they will be taught a lesson.
    I'm not sure either. The thing I'm noticing is that there are some on here that seem to be looking for a reason to shoot the bad guy instead of determining if it is warranted. Deadly force is an absolute last resort.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast