Another SC Home Defense Shooting - Page 14
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 208

Thread: Another SC Home Defense Shooting

  1. Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Bravo for the older gent. He was not a pansy who was afraid to confront a thief. About the shooting: why did the thief have his hands in his pockets if there was nothing there???? The home owner had every right to expect he had a weapon there. Life over property--then you just have not had enough stuff stolen. A thief takes his life into his hands when he trespasses onto or into someone's home/belongings. One cannot assume a thief is unarmed ----but the contrary. Maybe the thief will decide that crime is not worth the risks after this. If not then maybe the next home owner will be a better shot.
    I know I'm going to get hammered for what I'm about to post, so have fun with it guys and girls, but also think hard about what I'm posting too.

    What kelcarry is saying, and has consistently said, is that "stuff" ain't worth your life, or someone else's life.
    I don't think he's telling the story so y'all can understand, since you are fighting back on this so much. So I'll try to interpret for you.

    What he is saying, if you read between the lines, is that he isn't a vigilante. By getting his CCW, he didn't think it gave him to one-man right to stretch the Castle Doctrine into a right to rid the streets of crime vermin. He will use the gun, as the law intended it to be used...to protect his LIFE!! PERIOD!!!

    kelcarry is a very big man, and in a fight, I want him on my side. he probably doesn't even NEED a gun. LOL! So don't think his" I'll call the cops and hide till they get here" modus operandi is because he's a little on the timid side. He's a gentle man with principles and morals. And he doesn't want to take a life, unless it's in defense of his or his wife's.

    Now for the part where I get some of you all riled up. I agree with him completely! He is what our lawmakers had in mind when we got the lawful ability to carry concealed in our State. The ones of you that don't agree with him are the ones the anti-gun folks fear and it is why we have to keep fighting to keep our rights. You have a vigilante attitude and mindset. And that is frightening to me. You need to re-evaluate your thinking on this subject. And I'll explain why it is your best interest.

    If you shot someone, like the guy who y'all are talking about, and this case came to trial with me as one of the jurors, YOU are in BIG trouble!! As a member of the jury, I'm going to make a passionate speech during deliberation, to the rest of the jury, to convict you for your vigilante attitude.

    WHY would i do that to a fellow CCW holder? Simply because you shouldn't be able to have a CCW, and I don't want other fearful, uneducated folks of CCW facts, lumping me in with you as a like-minded individual! You are exactly what they call you... A GUN NUT!! You hurt the rest of us with your attitude and actions.
    Grow up, think about somebody else other than yourself for a change, quit trying to be a Rambo, and use your head for something other than a hat rest.

    I'm tired of having to fight for my rights that ought to be there without a fight. And I'm tired of having to fight ignorance from "within" (our group of CCW holders"). It's hard enough fighting ignorance from the anti-gun folks. I shouldn't have to have the same battle from the CCW holders!

    And you wonder why we don't have OPEN CARRY in South Carolina.

  2.   
  3. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    The ones of you that don't agree with him are the ones the anti-gun folks fear and it is why we have to keep fighting to keep our rights.
    That in a nutshell folks, is the hallmark of the whackos. Any number of other similarly disparaging monikers may be accurately hung around their necks, depending on the question at hand.

    You should know who you are. If you really don't, I'm sure we'll be hearing more about you on the evening news one of these days and with any luck, natural selection will take it's rightful course.

  4. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Central N.Car.
    Posts
    534
    I do not want to appear a whacko or wild eyed gun nut who crawls a mile just to get a shot at a bicycle thief with a 338 Lapau. I am an old Marine who fired on the rifle/pistol teams for awhile. Am nearing retirement age-next week. Have never shot anyone but have had several pulled on me. In the past four years my home has been broken into five times with thousands worth taken. At our older home as we were moving it was ransacked time after time and they got a lot of stuff-even took the cabinet mounted can opener and a Mickey Mantle(and yankee team) autographed baseball. Some of my prized antique firearms and fishing motors. While I was picking my son up in South Dakota after a near fatal accident my parts trucks, winchs, steel beams, bar joists, house moving dollies, and parts were [email protected] $60,000 worth. Some of my antique trucks cannot be replaced even if I could afford them. An emphatic YES, will not finish the sentence as it might be used against me later on. I know if I shoot someone for stealing then I may go to jail--so be it--he will think twice before stealing again. And if he made threatening moves he would be fair game. As for making a statement against a shooter as a jury member-it speaks poorly for you and I hope you never come home to a broken door or window to find your sanctuary violated. It is a bad feeling and one that you never quite forget. If I had to pick a jury--you can bet your bottom dollar they would all have been victims---and I would walk--even if there was someone making speeches about gun slingers going on a rampage as a vigilante.

  5. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    I do not want to appear a whacko or wild eyed gun nut who crawls a mile just to get a shot at a bicycle thief with a 338 Lapau. I am an old Marine who fired on the rifle/pistol teams for awhile. Am nearing retirement age-next week. Have never shot anyone but have had several pulled on me. In the past four years my home has been broken into five times with thousands worth taken. At our older home as we were moving it was ransacked time after time and they got a lot of stuff-even took the cabinet mounted can opener and a Mickey Mantle(and yankee team) autographed baseball. Some of my prized antique firearms and fishing motors. While I was picking my son up in South Dakota after a near fatal accident my parts trucks, winch's, steel beams, bar joists, house moving dollies, and parts were [email protected] $60,000 worth. Some of my antique trucks cannot be replaced even if I could afford them. An emphatic YES, will not finish the sentence as it might be used against me later on. I know if I shoot someone for stealing then I may go to jail--so be it--he will think twice before stealing again. And if he made threatening moves he would be fair game. As for making a statement against a shooter as a jury member-it speaks poorly for you and I hope you never come home to a broken door or window to find your sanctuary violated. It is a bad feeling and one that you never quite forget. If I had to pick a jury--you can bet your bottom dollar they would all have been victims---and I would walk--even if there was someone making speeches about gun slingers going on a rampage as a vigilante.
    06,

    You have to move! We have had one break in on my drive in 5 years. That was two lap tops, that were seen by workers, that day.

    We live close to Disney, and not to far from Universal! My marked Security Jeep only parks indoors.

    When we are away, monitored Alarm, $10.00 per month. But, MOVE!

  6. I feel some of you are right and some are wrong but here is another way for self protection. if you won't shoot them then spray them.
    Wasp Spray

    I know some of you own GUNS but this is something to think about...---

    If you don't have a gun, here's a more humane way to wreck someone's evil plans for you. Did you know this? I didn't. I never really thought of it before. I guess I can get rid of the baseball bat.

    Wasp Spray - A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead.

    The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection. Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

    On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could save your life.

    Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School . For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.

    Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them."

    Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 to 30 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says "spray the culprit in the eyes". It's a tip he's given to students for decades.

    It's also one he wants everyone to hear. If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the spray. "That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get out." Maybe even save a life.

    Please share this with all the people who are precious to your life

    Did you also know that wasp spray will kill a snake? And a mouse! It will! Good to know, huh? It will also kill a wasp.!!!!

  7. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by rsdonb View Post
    I feel some of you are right and some are wrong but here is another way for self protection. if you won't shoot them then spray them.
    Wasp Spray

    I know some of you own GUNS but this is something to think about...---

    If you don't have a gun, here's a more humane way to wreck someone's evil plans for you. Did you know this? I didn't. I never really thought of it before. I guess I can get rid of the baseball bat.

    Wasp Spray - A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead.

    The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection. Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

    On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could save your life.

    Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School . For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.

    Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them."

    Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 to 30 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says "spray the culprit in the eyes". It's a tip he's given to students for decades.

    It's also one he wants everyone to hear. If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the spray. "That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get out." Maybe even save a life.

    Please share this with all the people who are precious to your life

    Did you also know that wasp spray will kill a snake? And a mouse! It will! Good to know, huh? It will also kill a wasp.!!!!
    Excellent tip! I was going to suggest this as well. Must be an Ohio thing, we are neighbors. Ottawa Hills.

  8. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    Excellent tip! I was going to suggest this as well. Must be an Ohio thing, we are neighbors. Ottawa Hills.
    Never heard of Wasp Spray, great self defense tip!

  9. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    I can recall someone mentioning the fact that wasp spray, although a potent material to prevent perps, is NOT pepper spray as an acceptable or advertised defense tool and may actually cause blindness. Yes---I know what you are thinking but hopefully someone on this forum can "research" this and tell us whether such a method is not opening up a real can of civil lawsuit can of worms. While you are at it---why not use drain cleaner (acid, lye), kerosene--you name it--there are a host of readily available chemicals but they are NOT sold the way pepper spray is and I think there is a reason. Just sayin. Maybe the forum can add a little knowledge to this subject.

  10. #139
    snopes.com: Wasp Spray

    Interesting topic here and they don't have a real opinion.

  11. #140
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    south carolina
    Posts
    10

    Do not bother my stuff

    I cannot fault the homeowner i work to hard for my belongings to be taken. STEAL,GET CAUGHT,PAY CONSEQUENCES.....

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast