Another SC Home Defense Shooting - Page 21
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Another SC Home Defense Shooting

Hey Self Defense: Your last comments were well said. In most council meetings that I go to, the Chief is usually in attendance; if I really am upset (never have been) , I will speak out to the council right in front of him, which should get his immediate attention. We have an online complaint form for LEO activities that goes to the chief and is answered quickly. In my town I have heard it a million times---anything, anytime--call us. There are some people who use 911 or LEOs for ridiculous reasons--I agree with you that the LEO should withhold his real feelings when on the scene and have someone in the town deal with the idiots-not sure who that is, but he is better off not starting up with an idiot, who ie :did not get a pickle on her big mac and calls 911

At 69?

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Self Defense: Your last comments were well said. In most council meetings that I go to, the Chief is usually in attendance; if I really am upset (never have been) , I will speak out to the council right in front of him, which should get his immediate attention. We have an on line complaint form for LEO activities that goes to the chief and is answered quickly. In my town I have heard it a million times---anything, anytime--call us. There are some people who use 911 or LEOs for ridiculous reasons--I agree with you that the LEO should withhold his real feelings when on the scene and have someone in the town deal with the idiots-not sure who that is, but he is better off not starting up with an idiot, who IE :did not get a pickle on her big mac and calls 911
    Hi Kelcarry,

I have not visited for a while, so had a few posts to catch up on.

Your previous post, in which you stated "at 69 you did not think you would be getting into a gun fight" or words to that effect? Had me chuckling, at the Dayton, Ohio IALEFI Annual Conference, in 2004, I was aged just that, 69, do the math, now 75.

My Lovely Wife and I stepped into the elevator (don't call it a lift anymore) on the ground floor of the Convention Hotel, early afternoon. Just as the doors were closing, in stepped well dressed man (collar and tie, suit) with his hi ball glass in hand, complete with olive?

He glanced at the bearded old guy, white one, looked at the exotic Indian Lady near the buttons (my Wife is Guyanese) stated he needed a hug! Lifted his left foot, to head towards the little big eyed Lady!

I stepped under his left arm, and took him into the back of elevator, at speed!

That must have hurt, those wooden bars at luggage cart level are hard.

I told him "Stay where you are, don't go near my Wife" He did, did not spill his drink either! Our floor was 2, we left, he might still be there!

Off topic? Sorry, thought I would let you into my morning chuckle, in talking this over that night, our Beer room was on the 10th floor, with other firearms Instructors, mostly Police, everyone said (I would have said, this, or that?)

With some one, with glass in hand, heading for your Wife said I? With the stated intention of physical contact? I dont think so. He was lucky I just arm barred him.

Breakfast calls, Bacon Butty?

Hey scouse: I believe,without backtracking on my replies, that I have said that in 69 years I have never had an occasion where a firearm has ever been necessary. Always a "what if" but, IMO, I am not going to get paranoid over a "what if". Just me sayin--that's all. Not so sure what a guy in a suit with a martini in hand has to do with a gunfight, but I guess it could be considered a "what if".

What if

You are right, could have gone bad, but not much chance.

I think I was just making the point, 69 is not past it, unless you have serious health problems. And I have had a few all mosts!!

Have a good one.

Scouse.

I hunt with two LEO's, have and continue to have numerous LEO friends, and I agree if you have an incident with officer go over his head if necessary, better training in dealing with public fully understanding that every day they are dealing with the worst of the worst. What I did not mention in the short reply, but in a previous post, the next morning my neighbors trucks had all been broken into and while investigating his and other neighbors complaints, sargent walled across street and we talked apparently I had run the BG off. Issue solved.

Michigan Castle Doctorine

In Michigan you cannot just shoot someone for stealing. The only time you can use deadly force is when your life is threatened with great bodily harm. The person would have a weapon to use on you. I know the laws very from state to state but you could not just shoot someone here in michigan for looking through your vehicle.
    Rich
    Beware of your surroundings

hey rlkraatz: I tend to agree with you. "Stuff" is not worth someone's life in my way of thinking, and if he is better at this than I am, it certainly is not worth my life. Having said that, I like the SC way of thinking--if you are a perp, you had better move to michigan.

Home invations

I am in my first year of concealed carry. I do not leave home without my .40 cal. At home it sits on my lamp table next to where I sit. I really do not own anything thats worth taking someones life for. Having said that however, If a BG comes threw my door or window, house or vehicle, I have to think that he is after my, or my wifes, life. I have nothing of value to steal. If that happens there will be only one story to be heard. MINE! The number of home invations here seems to go up dailey. In N.H. there is no requirement for you to come to someone elses aid. The threat has to be directed at you in order for you to respond and you can not cause the threat to be turned on you in order to use deadly force in responce. The force of Your responce can not exceed the force to the threat. My concern is that I will be mistaken for a BG while interveining on someone elses behalf.
    Comments welcome. espiceally if from N.H.
    Thanks

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021