Ohio Bar Shootout...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ohio Bar Shootout...

Ohio Bar Shootout...

While others may wring their hands over this...

YouTube - Raw Video: Wild Shootout at Ohio Bar

...as an argument over why people shouldn't be permitted to have firearms readily at hand, I view it another way . . .

What I see here is the patrons of a bar exercising their Right of self-defense in the face of a criminal attack. Word is that this started when the 'Greeter' in the establishment asked a man to leave who was trying to sell marijuana. The attack was in retaliation for that "insult".

The point is, the results could have...WOULD have!...been a whole lot different had the patrons NOT had the wherewithal to mount a defense!! See any police there? Anyone there other than the patrons to take charge of the defense? No, of course not. "When Seconds count...the Police are only MINUTES away."

Even now, they have no suspects and are asking the public for any help they can provide to try to capture the BG's.

Firearms. Save. Lives.

In the end, the only one you can truly trust to be there to protect you when you need it most . . . is you.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

+1.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Unfortunately the press will simply use this as anti propaganda. Even a FOX News reporter asked the Chief of Police if this didn't show that Ohio's gun laws were to lenient. She doesn't know that, not only does Ohio issue CCW' s only to residents after a back ground check, but the following laws apply if you don't have a CCW:

It is unlawful for a person not issued a concealed handgun license or a temporary emergency license to have a firearm in a motor vehicle unless it is unloaded and carried in one of the following ways:
    • In a closed case, box, or package.
    • Secured in a rack in plain sight.
    • In plain sight, with the action open or the weapon stripped, or if the firearm’s action will not stay open or it cannot be easily stripped, in plain sight.
    • In a compartment that can be reached only by leaving the vehicle.

Is it just me or do most of these guys look like "gangstas"? I know the video quality is poor. But they don't act like CCW permit holders I know: you can see 'em firing thru the open door and then running off down the street. I don't know if using this video is gonna do much for our cause...unless I'm completely mistaken. But, overall the conduct of all involved doesn't look "above board" to me. I could be wrong and I'll stand corrected, if so.

Glad I don't frequent establishments like this.

At the very minimum, these guys cannot do any more that fire the wepons. They did not hit anyone they were firing at. Had a CH permit holder been firing back there would five less BGs

8. Quote Originally Posted by DougG View Post
    At the very minimum, these guys cannot do any more that fire the wepons. They did not hit anyone they were firing at. Had a CH permit holder been firing back there would five less BGs
    This is a blanket statement I cannot agree with. How many CCW holders never take any training past the required course for the permit? How many of us have been shot at? Enough to be able to react well while under fire? How many of us really know how we will react when the adrenaline really starts flowing?

I believe the armed civilians here performed very well. If they hadn't been there, we probably would be talking about a mass shooting in an Ohio bar right now, instead of their weapons proficiency. And no innocents were injured.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

9. the whole thing looks like two gangs shooting it out (and poorly at that) a drug deal gone bad.......

It's an interesting video, but until they sort out who's who and who did what and 17 other things, it's hard to make judgments on this alone. A lot may have happened off camera.

My only comment would be that while several people obviously got out of there as fast as they could, some, especially the ones outside, acted as if this wasn't the first exchange of gunfire they'd ever been close to.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    It's an interesting video, but until they sort out who's who and who did what and 17 other things, it's hard to make judgments on this alone. A lot may have happened off camera.

My only comment would be that while several people obviously got out of there as fast as they could, some, especially the ones outside, acted as if this wasn't the first exchange of gunfire they'd ever been close to.
    Hmmm...here's a thought your comment inspired, BamaBoy: Your average gang-banger is a proven warrior (been close to gunshots) while your average CCW is what? Happy that the gov'nt provides carry privileges? Gang-bangers been carrying for a long time, with no permit. For the most part, they don't fear "the man". Your average concealed carry type? Typically, would NOT fare well in the slammer for any length of time. As you state, gang-bangers have been around gunfire, fired with intent. Concealed Carry Guy? Maybe, maybe hunts, hits the range whenever, but ain't ever been in a gunfight. Shot, stabbed, lived hard? Let's not even compare.

Makes me speculate that most of us CCW types better hope we don't meet up with this kind of threat cause these cats (see, I'm old) are not afraid to pull the trigger and they've been under fire. Us???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast