Scenario For Review - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Scenario For Review

Quote Originally Posted by gunsite View Post
    Its fun to discuss scenario, mentally knowing what to do, and what not to do, can save your life, so discussing scenarios does have its merits.

LIFE is 10% Physical and 90% Mental, the thought process is amazing.

If you (the Shooter) concentrates on your Mechanics and tactics... then killing someone becomes irrelevant, they're just a target, no different than a barrel, animal, or silhouette... the minute you become emotional, or bring emotions into play, you become unstable, doubts/hesitation, and then...
    Exactly, you have to correctly ascertain the situation and then eliminate the target(s), cold and machine like. It isn't a time for soft hearts and second guesses about killing another human being, they are a predator exerting deadly force and as such will receive unfettered deadly force in return.

Hey Y'all: Boy I really understand the very "black and white" responses from recent posts, but terms like "killing becomes irrelevant" and "cold and machine-like" are easy to say on a computer, but taken as stand-alone comments and visualizing them in the real world, they are extremely upsettling; I can only see "The Terminator" when I read those phrases. Please do not take my comments as a criticism of your intent, which I fully ascribe to in the context of a "what if", but I'm just sayin. I certainly can understand it if you respond with equal fervor.

Hey CST: Appreciate your reply to my post; it makes sense. particularly for the military, although today's army and its so-called civiiian leaders seem to see it differently as they sit in DC going to cocktail parties while some army pfc has to deal with turds in Afghan and Iraq but be nice about it. As much as we discuss "what ifs", the statistics are that we will never be put in a position where our CCWs will ever come into play. I just sensed an overriding insensitivity to literally anyone out there who does not look or act the way others expect them to look and act and a readiness to follow this dehumanizing attitude that I sense in the comments. I truly believe the comments are being made because you can easily make them at your computer and that these posters are really trying to get across the point that no one is going to harm them as long as they are CC. I apologize if I have come across in a inappropriate way; I did appreciate the comments and agree that as long as we are CC, someone else will have a life changing event in a "what if" scenario. Just felt it could have been expressed in a different manner.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Y'all: Boy I really understand the very "black and white" responses from recent posts, but terms like "killing becomes irrelevant" and "cold and machine-like" are easy to say on a computer, but taken as stand-alone comments and visualizing them in the real world, they are extremely upsettling; I can only see "The Terminator" when I read those phrases. Please do not take my comments as a criticism of your intent, which I fully ascribe to in the context of a "what if", but I'm just sayin. I certainly can understand it if you respond with equal fervor.
    If you're going to take an action, use deadly force, and stop the threat of life whether to you or another, you better believe at that particular time... killing someone must become irrelevant. Do not bring emotions into the use of deadly force if your ever think of drawing your weapon to stop a threat.

Watch a QB throw a pass while a 350 pound linemen is sprinting towards him unchallenged, and that QB stays focus and throws the pass and takes the hit, that's focus and unemotional. Watch the receiver that goes across the field and jumps up in the middle of running defensive backs also crossing the field and makes the catch and takes the hit.

The emotional QB will alter his throw, and the emotional receiver will not make the catch because he takes his eye off the ball to look where the defensive backs are in fear of getting hit.

If your going to think about killing someone at the time of using deadly force, your thought process will be blurred at a time when it needs to be clear as you default to your training. You need to draw... move... move... draw... (as needed) and hit your target with extreme prejudice.

I don't imply walking around like androids in everyday life, but you should be like an android if you decide to use deadly force/fire your weapon at ANY TARGET, if not keep your weapon holstered.

That's just the way it is. I am one of the most compassionate and caring persons someone could know.

However, I just have that "switch", that focus if you will. In an incident of deadly force against myself or another, I really don't care about the perpetrator. They have ceased to exist to me as a fellow human being, they are a predator and are to be eliminated with no less conviction than a wild animal charging you in the wilds.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    That's just the way it is. I am one of the most compassionate and caring persons someone could know.

However, I just have that "switch", that focus if you will. In an incident of deadly force against myself or another, I really don't care about the perpetrator. They have ceased to exist to me as a fellow human being, they are a predator and are to be eliminated with no less conviction than a wild animal charging you in the wilds.
    exactly... it doesn't call for someone to be mean, evil, cold, heartless as you walkabout society, but if you decide to use DEADLY FORCE against a target, you better be focus... with extreme prejudice.

Hey Y'all: I agree with all of you and tried to make that point in my posts. If faced with a "situation" I have no compulsion to "change someone's life" forever; before I purchased my first firearm I took a good look at myself in the mirror and was convinced of my conviction to use the weapon, if needed, and use it to its ultimate conclusion, if needed to defend myself. I just believe that we all, by virtue of posting on this forum, feel the same way. I just find it unnecessary to use language that has a ring to it that demeans the nature of this forum. If the scenario presents itself, it is self-evident what we will do without having to proclaim "killing is irrelevant" etc etc. The same can be said for someone exhoritng the fact that if someone enters your house "you will kill them" and not saying "you will defend yourself". I guarantee you if the perp lives and the defense finds some of this language on a forum, you will have a lot more difficulty convincing anyone that you were "just trying to defend yourself" when you scream out on this forum "killing is irrelevant and I'll kill the SOB if he steps into my house". Kind of remember where you are when you write into this forum--lots of poeple are reading and remembering.

Completely and expressly legal in South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by rksap View Post
    In my opinion, if the BG has a gun drawn, deadly force defensive action is justified. That being said, such action may not be advisable, depending on the situation. Immediately confronting the BG without determining the risk factor to bystanders may cost more lives than waiting for a clear shot.
    To me, the correct action (or inaction) is relative to more factors than can be gone into in a brief post. Every situation needs to be judged on the basis of those factors at the moment.
    As far as engagement after the BG has already shot someone being merely vengeance, I disagree. As long as there are innocent bystanders (and yourself) still in danger, engagement seems a necessity to prevent further casualties.
    Having already shot one person, he(or she) may decide to shoot all-no witnesses then!

Since we are talking about the laws in the state of South Carolina,

ARTICLE 3. OFFENSES TENDING TO BREACH OF PEACE

SECTION 16-7-110. Wearing masks and the like. [SC ST SEC 16-7-110]

No person over sixteen years of age shall appear or enter upon any lane, walk, alley, street, road, public way or highway of this State or upon the public property of the State or of any municipality or county in this State while wearing a mask or other device which conceals his identity. Nor shall any such person demand entrance or admission to or enter upon the premises or into the enclosure or house of any other person while wearing a mask or device which conceals his identity. Nor shall any such person, while wearing a mask or device which conceals his identity, participate in any meeting or demonstration upon the private property of another unless he shall have first obtained the written permission of the owner and the occupant of such property.

SECTION 16-7-120. Placing burning or flaming cross in public place. [SC ST SEC 16-7-120]

It shall be unlawful for any person to place or to cause to be placed in a public place in the State a burning or flaming cross or any manner of exhibit in which a burning or flaming cross, real or simulated, is the whole or a part or to place or cause to be placed on the property of another in the State a burning or flaming cross or any manner of exhibit in which a burning or flaming cross, real or simulated, is the whole or a part, without first obtaining written permission of the owner or occupier of the premises so to do.

SECTION 16-7-130. Exceptions to 16-7-110 and 16-7-120. [SC ST SEC 16-7-130]

The provisions of 16-7-110 and 16-7-120 shall not affect the following:

(1) Any person wearing traditional holiday costume;

(2) Any person engaged in a trade or employment in which a mask is worn for the purpose of ensuring the physical safety of the wearer or because of the nature of the occupation, trade or profession;

(3) Any person using a mask in a theatrical production or masquerade ball; or

(4) Any person wearing a gas mask prescribed in a civil defense drill or exercise or in an emergency.

SECTION 16-7-140. Violations of 16-7-110 and 16-7-120. [SC ST SEC 16-7-140]

Any person who violates any provision of 16-7-110 and 16-7-120 shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be punished by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars or by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not to exceed twelve months.
    In the scenario in question the asailent is already in violation of 16-7-110 for wearing a mask in public. You cannot assume that he is selling girlscout cookies.

Or as "Harry Callahan" once said, "When a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley holding a butcher knife, you don't assume that he is collecting for the Red Cross."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast