Thanks Luke-Emergency First Aid - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks Luke-Emergency First Aid

Quote Originally Posted by Banjarmon View Post
    Wasn't that called a tampon before the new injectable sponge??
    No a tampon does nothing to help stop bleeding. These sponges have a clotting factor.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I wonder if firearms could be found to be the leading cause of ADD

I'm sorry, I was admiring my firearm... what did you say? :)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

4. Don't forget the plain old adhesive bandage in your kit for the small cuts and scrapes!
    NEVER holster the SAFETY Between your EARS!!!

No a tampon does nothing to help stop bleeding. These sponges have a clotting factor.

Chen, aside from the theoretical application, would you say that feminine pads have a place in a "poor man's" first-aid kit? Obviously, they are meant to absorb blood/fluids but, you being a first-responder I'd like to know your opinion. We invest in commercial first-aid kits, the ones meant for camping or vehicles and I have IFAKs on our tac-vests. I understand Self-Aid & Buddy Care and have gone through basic combat trauma treatment, just to give you an idea of what I know. However, we buy extra feminine products as a two-fold investment... traditional use and then possible first-aid, do you consider the second application a non-starter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Chen, aside from the theoretical application, would you say that feminine pads have a place in a "poor man's" first-aid kit? Obviously, they are meant to absorb blood/fluids but, you being a first-responder I'd like to know your opinion. We invest in commercial first-aid kits, the ones meant for camping or vehicles and I have IFAKs on our tac-vests. I understand Self-Aid & Buddy Care and have gone through basic combat trauma treatment, just to give you an idea of what I know. However, we buy extra feminine products as a two-fold investment... traditional use and then possible first-aid, do you consider the second application a non-starter?
    Well...I could see how a pad could second as an absorbent pad (like an abdominal dressing)...so could a diaper...so if you happen to have a baby or female it could work as a pressure dressing and give you more supply for your other members needs. That being said, 4x4 dressings and abdominal dressings would be cheaper to buy, and would take up less room in a kit....but I don't think your lady friend would appreciate a 4x4 as a pad hah.

Also, I wouldn't pack a wound with a pad...if used keep it external like a dressing. One should always be aware of the high absorbent qualities of a pad, or abdominal dressing, don't let it trick you into how much blood has actually been lost.

“One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well...I could see how a pad could second as an absorbent pad (like an abdominal dressing)...so could a diaper...so if you happen to have a baby or female it could work as a pressure dressing and give you more supply for your other members needs. That being said, 4x4 dressings and abdominal dressings would be cheaper to buy, and would take up less room in a kit....but I don't think your lady friend would appreciate a 4x4 as a pad hah.

Also, I wouldn't pack a wound with a pad...if used keep it external like a dressing. One should always be aware of the high absorbent qualities of a pad, or abdominal dressing, don't let it trick you into how much blood has actually been lost.

Outstanding! Thanks Chen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12