Quick clot? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick clot?

1. I think you won't have to worry about inhaling it if you just stay away from it (the powder) completely. Use the combat gauze.

Tampons are an old battlefield trick, they work about as good as regular gauze. They were favored for being compact and already in the shape of a bullet cavity. There are several advances for your gunshot kit, use tampons when you don't have access to the higher quality products.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    If you get quick clot, make sure it's quick clot 2. The first generation had issues with getting too hot and burning tissue.

If you see celox, I'd recommend that over quick clot.
    Exactly this ^^^^^^^^
    What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
    In a nation where anything goes ... everything eventually will.

Arrow Original Quick Clot & Burning Demonstration

Here's a demonstration video about original Quick Clot and the "burning" effect, provided by HossUSMC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddqg2u4_4gc
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

5. I've used a lot of "blood stop" in veterinary use. Assuming the human version works similarly, I'd use it but probably not alone. Real gushers are going to need physical pressure.

The only thing that'll stop a gusher is a tourniquet or a clamp/hemostat/forceps/etc. We discussed this in more detail recently in this thread.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

7. agree with all that has been said from my experience in the medical field, combat and etc. Have had way to much experience with battle wounds and what works and what doesn't but thinking outside of the box many times also works. All that has been said works. Tampon and sanitary napkins does work wonders and used to be used a lot when nothing else was available.

Have sanitary napkins in some of our trauma bags, and some trauma dressings are just sanitary napkins with a different wrapper. But ERs don't like it when you put a tampon into a wound. It can cause more problems when they remove it because it can actually pull some of the flesh out with it.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams

Is there a preferred size of tampon, if it was to be utilized in an emergency? Would the smaller ones be better, to prevent it from swelling "too" much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Is there a preferred size of tampon, if it was to be utilized in an emergency? Would the smaller ones be better, to prevent it from swelling "too" much?
    Like large caliber or small caliber?

11. I've used a similar product in the veterinary field many times. It does work BUT it works far better if you can apply pressure after application. I doubt the success of a squeamish individual just scattering the powder on or around a deep wound-you're going to have to get messy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast