11 Father's Day Presents for Fly Tyers

Thread: 11 Father's Day Presents for Fly Tyers

Here's an article I posted on one of my other sites.

Fly tying is an obsessive and challenging hobby, so if your dad's a fly tyer, it should be a cinch to find him the perfect Father's Day present. You know he'll always be on the hunt for new ways to make his fly tying just a bit more efficient and fun, so he can churn out even more flies while on his tying bench. If your dad is always looking through fly patterns books and fly recipes for new flies to tie and materials to buy, or if he can always be found perusing fly tying catalogs, then you should consider finding him a present he'll truly enjoy.

Is your dad "hooked" on fly tying?

Where should you start to look? One problem may be that you really haven't' been "lured in" to the hobby in order to know what fly tyers might want or need. There's no need to worry here. We've thought of a list of 11 presents that include items that every fly tyer will be sure to need. From classics to novelties, from affordable to luxurious items, we've made sure to include something for people with different tastes and budgets. If you find that your father already has something on the following list, shop around some of the links where you’re sure to find something that would be suitable for him from you!

Read the rest of this article at On The Vise.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I am not tying flies yet but, I have started to dress my treble, lure and jig head hooks. Just the other day, I made a special trip up to Auburn Hills MI to BPS to purchase a basic Terra fly tying kit. The kit was less than $30.00 and included a AA vise, bobbin,hackle pliers and bodkin. As for tying materials. There is not a deer tail, black, brown, gray or red squirrel tail that is safe.

I started with a kit like that when I was 15. You'll pick up more and more materials on the way.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

5. hi there ,
    new to fly tying and posting fresh to the board .. a privilege it is to be in the gathering so knowledgeable fellows .. hope i am invited