New Toy from Florida - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Toy from Florida

1. I don't see the point of this in the 22 magnum. It's a more expensive round with no significant increase in firepower. Would be fun to have this in the regular cheaper .22 round. Blast way with the less expensive ammo. The whole point of having a .22.

Quote Originally Posted by Right U R Ken View Post
    I don't see the point of this in the 22 magnum. It's a more expensive round with no significant increase in firepower. Would be fun to have this in the regular cheaper .22 round. Blast way with the less expensive ammo. The whole point of having a .22.
    I disagree ken. 22 mags will reach out much further then a .22 LR. They also make a very weak, but capable self defense round. In a pistol, they really have a loud pop. Put a round in a perp's face,legs, or boy parts, you will have a perp ready to leave the area. Chances are, it won't kill right away, but it will put a hurt on what ever it hits. Not the ideal self defensive pistol, but in the hands of a skilled and dertimined marksman, the .22 mag is very capable pistol round. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    They also make a very weak, but capable self defense round. In a pistol, they really have a loud pop... Chances are, it won't kill right away, but it will put a hurt on what ever it hits.
    The .22 round is also known as "the surgeons Nightmare". The bullet tends to tumble and change directions inside the body..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

My brother just recently emailed me a pic of this gun. He's a lefty and it has an ambidextrious safety, so he's liking it a lot too. Has anyone purchased one and shot one? I'm curious to know what you think, as I am really liking this gun as a cool, but economical alternative to the fn-57.

I have been debating getting a SUB-2000 in 40S&W to go along with my Glock 22.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I have been debating getting a SUB-2000 in 40S&W to go along with my Glock 22.
    Don't debate. Get one ASAP. It's a fun gun. Keeps my G27 and G22 company. You can also purchase aftermarket 30 round mag's for it. I love mine.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12