Non-Resident application! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-Resident application!

What did you have to do for a FL non resident application?

My wife lives there and I'm trying to figure out how that process may work.
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

Applications can be requested at this website:

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html

Follow all of the included instructions, enclose the required documents and wait the specified period of time.

Happy shooting!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Teufel View Post
    What did you have to do for a FL non resident application?

My wife lives there and I'm trying to figure out how that process may work.
    The process is the same as for residents for the initial license. You go here to request the application package; be sure to select concealed weapon or firearm license application. The licensing division will mail you an application package.

You'll need what's outlined here.

If you're in Florida, you can have the fingerprints done electronically which will greatly speed the process. If they're done the old fashioned ink method the turn around time is typically around 60 days. If you reside in a State and have its respective CCW that is on the Florida reciprocity or recognition list then you do not need a Florida license to carry concealed in Florida. You are considered to be a resident of a State if your drivers license and CCW are from the same State or political subdivision of the State (i.e. you have a Nevada DL and you have a NV CFP issued through LVMPD).

Got Mine!! 42 days door to door. Not bad with a regular fingerprint card.

Oh, and I love the fact that the commisioner's name is Charles Bronsen hehe.
    Last edited by 1madcat; 01-17-2008 at 05:02 PM.

6. the waiting game started for me 10 days ago. I cant wait

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12