Delayed CCW from Florida
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delayed CCW from Florida

1. Delayed CCW from Florida

Ok so its been a while since I sent in my Application. So I called today they told me they found something in my FBI check and they told me they had to further review it and I wouldn't know for about a month. Has anybody else have this happen to them? I am an out of state resident with a CCW permit from my state of Maine and NH. Never had an issue before. I always get delayed for less than a day when I go to purchase a handgun though.

I filed mine at the end of Sept, 09. In Oct they stated I needed proof on Safety course with a list of acceptable doc's they'd accept. I immediately sent them my DD-214. I just received my non-res licenses last week, Fed 4th. I did call the NON-Help line at Fla Ag and they stated there was further investigative events and that the State would contact me via mail concerning issuance of the license. MY Belief- They're soooooo back logged it's just taking a lot of time. My State SC wasn't much faster, 95 days.

I applied by mail from here in Missouri and got mine after three weeks...

"Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by aleutian View Post
    Ok so its been a while since I sent in my Application. So I called today they told me they found something in my FBI check and they told me they had to further review it and I wouldn't know for about a month. Has anybody else have this happen to them? I am an out of state resident with a CCW permit from my state of Maine and NH. Never had an issue before. I always get delayed for less than a day when I go to purchase a handgun though.
    Yup. The exact same thing. I had already received my VA, UT and NV permits while I waited on my FL app. I called and they said there was an issue with my FBI background check. About a month later I received a letter stating they could not verify the outcome of a 20 year old misdemeanor conviction. They told me I had to provide a court provided certified copy of the case disposition before they could process any further. It took another month before the court could get me a certified copy of the case. As soon as I sent it in, I had my FL permit in less than 10 days

I have no idea why I passed through VA,UT and NV systems with no problems but FL had an issue. Maybe they are just more thorough. Be patient, and provided the info doesn't exclude you from getting a permit,and you'll get your permit.

6. Just called them yesterday, They said they could not see what it was but they had to send it to the verification dept which is backed up by 4600 apps. Needless to say I think it was a vacated conviction I had 18 years ago. Made a copy of a computer program small town cop wanted to make a name for himself tried to get me on a count of forgery for a copyright violation. needless to say the conviction was vacated from a supreme court ruling, so I don't know why it would even show, technically it doesn't exist they illegally charged me and I was cleared case dismissed.

Just called them yesterday, They said they could not see what it was but they had to send it to the verification dept which is backed up by 4600 apps. Needless to say I think it was a vacated conviction I had 18 years ago. Made a copy of a computer program small town cop wanted to make a name for himself tried to get me on a count of forgery for a copyright violation. needless to say the conviction was vacated from a supreme court ruling, so I don't know why it would even show, technically it doesn't exist they illegally charged me and I was cleared case dismissed.
    It seems old charges, not convictions, sometimes get stuck in the system, even when dismissed, or if you are found not guilty and cause these problems. In my case the conviction was legit, but the FBI info was incomplete. FL wanted a date, case number and disposition. As I said, after I provided that I got my permit very quickly

Hope you get yours when it all gets cleared up.

be safe.

8. Woohoo! Got it!

Ok I just got it today. I mailed it in on January 11th 2010 and got it today. Mailbox to mailbox 43 days, not bad for the delay in process because FBI kicked something back. Just wish they could have told me what caused the delay. Doesn't say NON-Resident on it though which I thought is kind of odd.

Ok I just got it today. I mailed it in on January 11th 2010 and got it today. Mailbox to mailbox 43 days, not bad for the delay in process because FBI kicked something back. Just wish they could have told me what caused the delay. Doesn't say NON-Resident on it though which I thought is kind of odd.
    For many states, the "resident" or "non-resident" status is based on the address listed on the permit. If the address on the permit is located in the state of issue = "resident". If the address on the permit is located out of state = "non-resident".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Congratulations and carry safe..

11. Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    For many states, the "resident" or "non-resident" status is based on the address listed on the permit. If the address on the permit is located in the state of issue = "resident". If the address on the permit is located out of state = "non-resident".

gf
    Mine doesn't have an adress on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast