Florida specific gun law website?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida specific gun law website?

1. Florida specific gun law website?

I am looking for a good and current Florida law website that has the laws and maybe some situations where you would or would not be able to use deadly force. Even a site where there are lawsuits with the situation and outcome. Example... a BG breaks into your house, sees you and turns to run out a door or attempt to jump out of a window. Are you still able to use deadly force seeing how he could very well while running away from you turn and shoot. Situations like that...

Thanks!

Buy the Florida Gun Law book.. It will explain the laws well enough.. A few situations are included...
    I have sent a couple of questions in via the website, sometimes I get an answer, sometimes not..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Chapter 790, florida statutes weapons and firearms

You can go to the Florida Department of Agriculture Concealed Carry section. There is a link to an electronic version of their CC application.. At page 8 starts the Florida statutes/laws for weapons and firearms. It's a 45 page document, and it's legalease, but I think its what you are looking for...

http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/onestop/forms/16036.pdf

this have be what you are looking for...

This is a 45 page document:
    CONCEALED WEAPON OR FIREARM LICENSE, APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS, AND CHAPTER 790, FLORIDA STATUTES

The statues start about page 8, but is covers Florida's laws on use of deadly force. It's requite reading for the Florida CCW...

6. I was given a book when I took my CC class a couple years ago. I was just wondering if there was something with more situations and their outcomes or situations where you could or could not use deadly force.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyNAndover View Post
    This is a 45 page document:
    CONCEALED WEAPON OR FIREARM LICENSE, APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS, AND CHAPTER 790, FLORIDA STATUTES

The statues start about page 8, but is covers Florida's laws on use of deadly force. It's requite reading for the Florida CCW...

They'll send you a hard-copy of this excellent document if you reqeust the application package. Request the full package by mail. You can ask for two (possibly more):

Form/Publication Request 790 - Division of Licensing, FDACS

If an intruder were in your home and they tried to flee your home after being surprised by you, In NC the answer would be No! You cannot use deadly force to prevent them from leaving. Deadly force can only be used when your life, or someone elses life is in Immenanate Danger! But if they were breaking into your home and you feel a serious felony is about to occur, you can legally use deadly force to stop that entry into your home, but once inside they have to pose a deadly threat to you or your family before you can employ deadly force. Screwy isnt it! But thats NC for you.

9. Yea that is. I know there are a lot of instances where a intruder turned to flee but also let off a few shots on the way out to I assume deter a chase. How are you supposed to know if they even have a gun, I for one would assume so even I did not see one in that situation....

But that is why I am looking for this kind of site specific to Florida.

10. Not sure how legit this one is but he has a book out that is supposed to VERY good. I might go and check it out if the book store has a copy.

ORLANDO GUN, CONCEALED WEAPONs, & SELF DEFENSE LAWYER JON H. GUTMACHER, Esq. | Florida Firearms Law Book

Quote Originally Posted by angrypenguin View Post
    Not sure how legit this one is but he has a book out that is supposed to VERY good. I might go and check it out if the book store has a copy.

ORLANDO GUN, CONCEALED WEAPONs, & SELF DEFENSE LAWYER JON H. GUTMACHER, Esq. | Florida Firearms Law Book
    Did you look at the link I posted above??? Same book, same author..
    Excellent reference book, A must if you ask me..

Most Florida Gun shops have copies, but it's NOT cheap.. It's like $26

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast