Incorrect DOB on my FL CW Card

Thread: Incorrect DOB on my FL CW Card

1. Incorrect DOB on my FL CW Card

I submitted my application on September 29th and was pleased to see that my permit arrived in the mail yesterday (October 18th) but not so pleased that my DOB is off by 3 months.
    I can't believe that I put the wrong month on my application as I've had 50 years to memorize my birth date.
    I included a photo copy of my drivers license as well as my birth certificate.

Does anyone know if the wrong DOB invalidates my permit?

I guess I'll have to give them a call and see what I need to do in order to straighten this out.

I would think any discrepancy would least raise an officers suspicion. Would probably be up to them in how they handle it. When I got mine a letter was missing from my address. The deputy filed for a duplicate and gave me a printout stating it so I wouldnt have an issue.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    I would think any discrepancy would least raise an officers suspicion. Would probably be up to them in how they handle it. When I got mine a letter was missing from my address. The deputy filed for a duplicate and gave me a printout stating it so I wouldnt have an issue.
    If you got it this year...they no longer include the address on them.

Quote Originally Posted by [U
    [/U]mrjam2jab;161373]If you got it this year...they no longer include the address on them.
    I have an NC chp which does include it
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    I have an NC chp which does include it
    Sorry...thought you were talking about a FL license not having the address.

Quote Originally Posted by hdwilliamsjr View Post
    I submitted my application on September 29th and was pleased to see that my permit arrived in the mail yesterday (October 18th) but not so pleased that my DOB is off by 3 months.
    I can't believe that I put the wrong month on my application as I've had 50 years to memorize my birth date.
    I included a photo copy of my drivers license as well as my birth certificate.

Does anyone know if the wrong DOB invalidates my permit?

I guess I'll have to give them a call and see what I need to do in order to straighten this out.
    I am surprised that no one has thought of this solution. If questioned on it, you can claim to be a "born-again" Christian.

I used to work in a restaurant where people would pull that silly stunt so that they could order off of the kids menu, cheepskates.

8. I had a difficult time getting through on the phone number listed for inquiries. It seemed that every time i tried to call there was a wait period of 30 minutes and I would end up hanging up after 20 minutes or so for one reason or another. I finally used the "Contact Us" function that I found on the website and submitted an electronic inquiry. I received an email about a week later apologizing for the error and saying that my DOB had been corrected and that a new permit had been mailed to my address. I received it about a week after receiving the email. They seem to be busy (probably with impatient applicants who mailed their applications two days ago) but they seem to be very professional and eager to make things right.