Former NFL Player Glen Coffee's Charge of Illegal Concealed Weapon Dropped
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former NFL Player Glen Coffee's Charge of Illegal Concealed Weapon Dropped

Former NFL Player Glen Coffee's Charge of Illegal Concealed Weapon Dropped

Here's something I thought was interesting and probably point for us. Apparently former NFL Player Glen Coffee had his car towed and when they found a firearm in the glovebox the arresting officer determined the pistol was "readily accessible" and therefore illegally concealed, because it was in the center console. Cheif Assistant State Attorney Bill Bishop looked into it and declaired Coffee had not violated the law.

Source: NWF Daily

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

3. 20,000 Members Strong

Congratulations! Now get out and VOTE!

He should never have been charged to start with! If the Florida cops don't know the CCW laws of their state, I suggest they read Chapter 790!

If the car was being towed away, how was it accessable? Was he in the car at the time?!?

Why would they tow his car for speeding? I have driven many miles in Florida and have never had a problem with speeding or carrying firearms!

I think he didn't have his registration so they towed him.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Thanks! Kind of stupid not to have your registration.

My brother in law had his vehicle towed in Volusia Cty after he passed away. The towing Company by law searches for valuables and documents contents for liability issues (Yea, like I would trust them to do that) They reported the weapon in the glove box and the S.O. entered it into their custody until someone from the Family claimed it. Although the documentation required was a bit onerous as to why they should release this and to who. I felt it show proper handling of his property.
    As for the OP, a civil suit would be in order. How can a LEO enforce the Law if they don't know the Law. LEO's are not there to adjudicate, just there to enforce and protect. Enforce doesn't mean "How he feels about it".
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    My brother in law had his vehicle towed in Volusia Cty after he passed away. The towing Company by law searches for valuables and documents contents for liability issues (Yea, like I would trust them to do that) They reported the weapon in the glove box and the S.O. entered it into their custody until someone from the Family claimed it. Although the documentation required was a bit onerous as to why they should release this and to who. I felt it show proper handling of his property.
    As for the OP, a civil suit would be in order. How can a LEO enforce the Law if they don't know the Law. LEO's are not there to adjudicate, just there to enforce and protect. Enforce doesn't mean "How he feels about it".
    I would advise people to keep their hands off other peoples property. This includes law enforcement and anyone else that does not know you and has no clue about what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by sfc stu View Post
    i would advise people to keep their hands off other peoples property. This includes law enforcement and anyone else that does not know you and has no clue about what they are doing.
    amen!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast