Man Shot After Thinking His Wife Was In Hotel Room

Thread: Man Shot After Thinking His Wife Was In Hotel Room

Man Shot After Thinking His Wife Was In Hotel Room

I just heard about this on the radio. Apparently a guy thought his wife was cheating on him at a hotel and went there banging on the door. The room was occupied by a couple on vacation, not his wife. After telling him to leave it sounds like he proceeded to throw a fire extinguisher through the window and climb through. The man inside had a .40 and shot him in the hip. He also has a concealed weapons permit from South Carolina which Florida recognizes. Only thing strange is that DA hadn't determined whether the shooter wool new charged.send like it was clearly self defense.

Hotel Guest Mistaken For Wife - News4Georgia Story - WJXT Jacksonville

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    I just heard about this on the radio. Apparently a guy thought his wife was cheating on him at a hotel and went there banging on the door. The room was occupied by a couple on vacation, not his wife. After telling him to leave it sounds like he proceeded to throw a fire extinguisher through the window and climb through. The man inside had a .40 and shot him in the hip. He also has a concealed weapons permit from South Carolina which Florida recognizes. Only thing strange is that DA hadn't determined whether the shooter wool new charged.send like it was clearly self defense.

Hotel Guest Mistaken For Wife - News4Georgia Story - WJXT Jacksonville
    Given those facts it would be hard to imagine how a DA could even submit it to a grand jury.

This incident exhibits a classic pair of diseases - jealousy and inferiority complex. If you think your wife is cheating on you keep your dignity and get a divorce. don't try breaking into the hotel room in which you think she is getting it on with someone else. You'll only make a fool of yourself, even if you are right.

She ain't your truck.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    She ain't your truck.
    Love that!

The fact that Hines was not taken into custody speaks volumes as to what the outcome of this encounter will be. It is standard procedure for the DA to review shooting cases, if the officers thought for a minute that Hines had any chance of being charged on any count, then they would have arrested him on the spot. Now the perp, on the other hand, was charged.

Knowing how the media works, we only have half the story but with the information given the shoot is good.

Thanks to the media for adding that last statement: "No one has been arrested yet." That falls under media left slant...er, lean... uh, how can they even stand up???

uspshooter
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act!" -- George Orwell
    ------------
    There is nothing more persuasive than a red dot on somebody's forehead (aside from the sound of a shotgun chambering a round).

He is lucky the guy with the gun didn't shoot him dead center of his chest, that's where I would have aimed... I agree with "NoGods" analysis - divorce her butt! I did when I came back from VietNam and found mine in another Man's bed!!!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

He is fortunate indeed. A similar thing nearly happened to my two sons and I near DC. We reserved a room a month prior to going to the National Jamboree, went by that morning and picked up the keys, and went back that evening to get some sleep. Dangerous problem was that they had not checked out wanting to spend another day. When my son walked in he found folks there and the man headed his way. My son's Scout uniform probably saved him from great harm. I went to the front desk with "fire in my eyes" over the potentially deadly encounter. We got another room(bridal suite) and a later call from their district office. One just cannot assume anything. Had it been me in that room I would have had a drawn pistol aimed at the opening door. Just thankful nothing happened to my son.

7. Good Shoot

That seems like an altogether "good shoot".

In fact even the question of concealed carry is a moot point in this case.
    From the story the guy with the weapon was inside the hotel room the whole time and you don't need premission to open or concealed carry inside your "domicile" (which is, legally, wherever you are presently taking up residence. This should even include inside your car if you are parked and sleeping/eating/resting in it; inside your camping tent (unless otherwise prevented, etc.)

--Harry