Florida Pushes for Open Carry - Now with the Help From Rick Scott? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Florida Pushes for Open Carry - Now with the Help From Rick Scott?

1. Coming from Michigan I can tell you that the "officials" encourage people who would open carry to get a CCW. It exposes the individual to some type of training, exposes them to the laws. I see CC and Open carry remaining intact for Fl if they pass OC.

3. I can see it passing as permtted with training and background checks similar to CHP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoegoo View Post
    I can see it passing as permtted with training and background checks similar to CHP's.
    Open carry with the CWF permit is most likely how it will go. That give the person the option of open or concealed with no worries about "printing".

Open Carry

As a woman who has had an open carry permit for some time, I must say that I fully support the Open Carry amendment which the NRA is proposing. It only takes a minute to contact your legislator...by email on line is great ...to tell them you you would like to express your right to carry openly. It is an excellent deterrent to crime and I support THAT with my whole being.
    Long live opwn CARRY!!
    ImgonnaPlayanyway

Can someone answer this for me? I am new to this site and JUST got my CC, so I apologize if I sound ignorant on the subject. Aside from the obvious criminal deterrent, what is the advantage of OC over CC? I know you could access your weapon a bit faster, but if they make us carry them unloaded wouldn't it be better to just CC and keep er full?? Also, what do yall think would be the probability of a BG targeting you first if he sees your gun? Alot of yall are much more wise than myself, so I appreciate it in advance!

7. First thing on the above post. WHO said ANYTHING about OC unloaded? The bill makes NO such reference.

Second, the comment about a criminal targeting you because you are OC is one the police use all the time. "Civilians aren't trained, blah, blah, blah." Numerous studies are out with interviews of criminals of all types (including violent criminals) And there were almost unanamious answers. Criminals want an EASY score, they dont like taking unneccessary risk. It would be much easier to just burgalarize a residents and obtain guns then have to wrestle it off a person who is open carrying. Many states tried to raise this same issue and have there been any evidence that criminals target OC "civilians". ABSOLUTELY NOT. If any it is just the opposite.

Take this scenario. You are a criminal and you are going to rob a store and you see 2 guys in their with guns on there hips. You are going to think twice, three, four times, etc. before you do the act (IF you do the act.) It would be much easier to walk down the street and target the gas station that doesnt have someone standing their with a gun. Same goes with targeting the person who is open carrying, its just easier and safer to burgalarize a home and get a firearm.

You show me a study that isnt biased based that shows Criminals target OC and I will be genuinely surprised.

The advantage of OC in FL is obvious as it is difficult and can be uncomfortable in the middle of summer.

Sry for the rambling but I dispise the "criminals targeting OC" statements. I OC'ed in Michigan for years before moving to Florida 8 months ago. I can tell you that people had a positive reaction and I never had any incident with a criminal targeting me and I went in to some of the roughest parts of Detroit and Flint doing my job.

Quote Originally Posted by shaddaa01 View Post
    First thing on the above post. WHO said ANYTHING about OC unloaded? The bill makes NO such reference.

Second, the comment about a criminal targeting you because you are OC is one the police use all the time. "Civilians aren't trained, blah, blah, blah." Numerous studies are out with interviews of criminals of all types (including violent criminals) And there were almost unanamious answers. Criminals want an EASY score, they dont like taking unneccessary risk. It would be much easier to just burgalarize a residents and obtain guns then have to wrestle it off a person who is open carrying. Many states tried to raise this same issue and have there been any evidence that criminals target OC "civilians". ABSOLUTELY NOT. If any it is just the opposite.

Take this scenario. You are a criminal and you are going to rob a store and you see 2 guys in their with guns on there hips. You are going to think twice, three, four times, etc. before you do the act (IF you do the act.) It would be much easier to walk down the street and target the gas station that doesnt have someone standing their with a gun. Same goes with targeting the person who is open carrying, its just easier and safer to burgalarize a home and get a firearm.

You show me a study that isnt biased based that shows Criminals target OC and I will be genuinely surprised.

The advantage of OC in FL is obvious as it is difficult and can be uncomfortable in the middle of summer.

Sry for the rambling but I dispise the "criminals targeting OC" statements. I OC'ed in Michigan for years before moving to Florida 8 months ago. I can tell you that people had a positive reaction and I never had any incident with a criminal targeting me and I went in to some of the roughest parts of Detroit and Flint doing my job.
    I dont mind the rambling lol. I just ask the question because I am very new to carrying a gun and just wondered. The "unloaded" comment was just something I thought of because I believe thats what they have to do in CA, never know if FL would want to copy them. I have no idea whats in the bill, I just was wondering what some other people were thinking about the subject. I would DEFINITELY carry in Detroit and Flint, I lived in Grand Rapids for awhile and that even made me nervous unarmed!! I appreciate you sharing your opinion though, I would have to agree with everything you said!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123