Commissioner Aaronson Gives Up On Extended Mag Ban

Thread: Commissioner Aaronson Gives Up On Extended Mag Ban

Commissioner Aaronson Gives Up On Extended Mag Ban

I didn't hear about this one until just now but Palm Beach County Commissioner Burt Aaronson called for a local and state ban on magazines that hold over 10 rounds. That was only 4 days ago and after getting some heat from the NRA county attorneys found that state law prevents them from this ban. He is now focusing on expanded ammunition magazines, which allow firing more than 30 bullets without reloading. Sounds like he should put his time and energy into something more useful.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Blog Entries

Exclamation Palm Beach County Commissioner - Burt Aaronson

I live and work in PBC. Commissioner Burt Aaronson represents the older crowd in west Boca Raton and west Delray. These are die-hard Democrats, set-in-their-ways, all retired with nothing better to do. But I must add that there has been NOTHING in any of our local media about the "people" in these communities shouting out about this issue.

This is all about 70-something year old Burt A. needing his name in the spotlight because he is facing term limits and is prowling about for his next run in public office. This is the only reason he's doing this. I guess he is no better than the Brady-group.

History repeats itself and considers not the good or bad of the event.

As I stand here with two more high capacity magazines that arrived in the mail today, all I can say is this is ridiculous. Tell me that putting a >10 round magazine in my firearm will make me more of a threat to society than having to carry and learn how to rapidly reload several 10 round magazines and you will have insulted my intelligence. Something that was done in 1994 and I can still remember it. Let's hope Mr. Aaronson finds something better to do with his time.
    “Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” - Jeff Cooper

Now if the gun control leftwing-nuts in Washington and NYC get off their dead horses about trying to outlaw mags over 10 rounds!

Quote Originally Posted by TangoDown View Post
    Now if the gun control leftwing-nuts in Washington and NYC get off their dead horses about trying to outlaw mags over 10 rounds!
    That will happen when the really hot spot hits 32°F.