Lost FL permit..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost FL permit..

1. Lost FL permit..

new to the boards here

had a quick question if someone might know.. i lost my permit while on a fishing trip and will be sending out my written and notarized letter tomorrow morning to the state for a replacement but my concern is in the meantime... Can i carry? should i avoid it and just stick to carrying in my vehicle?

asking a few cop buddies got me nowhere. One told me when my tag is ran it will show if i have a carry permit, some told me they have no way of knowing and they will leave it upto the judge to figure out

my vehicle is registered under my company name so hoping that it shows up if my tag is ran is completely out the window..

i now regret never making a copy of my permit in the past years but its to late to be kicking my self for it

any suggestions? any way of quickly getting some sort of document stating i have a valid permit?

thanks!

Best not to carry concealed without your permit.

790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.—
    (1) ...The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to the clerk of the court.

(7) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall maintain an automated listing of licenseholders and pertinent information, and such information shall be available online, upon request, at all times to all law enforcement agencies through the Florida Crime Information Center.

--

Whoever told you it comes up when your tag is run is out of their mind.

5. Florida CWHL

If you have a resident Fl CWFL it is simple all you have to do is call Dept of agriculture and consumer services at 850-245-5691 ask them for your license # it starts with a W . They will ask u to provide your SS # and will ask you to mail the form for replacement. I don't know who told you it comes up when they run your tag or Driver license. This is not so because Fl statutes stricken that information from public record. You can carry but at your own risk if you get asked to show your cwhl and you do not have it in your possession you will be cited 25.00. So assess the risk. Then decide if you need to carry bad enough and you get caught you will deal with a hassle and a fine. Good luck. At least if you know your weapon license # leo's can quickly verify your info and send you on your way with a ticket.

The CWFL data base is NOT connected to the DMV data base. LE can check the status of your CWFL just like they can check your DL. Not having your CWFL in possession is a simple $25 administrative (non-criminal) fine.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

All the answers above are the correct answer EXCEPT the "person" who wanted to be the first to just throw in their $0.02!!

This is the issue I have with people who don't know the answer but think their concept of a situation is correct!!

Do these people who pipe up with some half-cocked answer really think there advice will stand up in court. The issues here have serious and sometimes live changing repercussions.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!
    Look... giving the wrong or incomplete answer here can cause a person to loose their second amendment rights!!!
    End up in jail!!!
    become a fellon!!!
    Loose their job!!

I am really thankful for amsgator and the others who gave the valid answer and those who backed up this answer with actual LAW! It is great to see there are people on this board who can make it through the "dangerous" posters and get the correct information to these people!

I applaud all your efforts!!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.
    (1) ...The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to the clerk of the court.

(7) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall maintain an automated listing of licenseholders and pertinent information, and such information shall be available online, upon request, at all times to all law enforcement agencies through the Florida Crime Information Center.

--

Whoever told you it comes up when your tag is run is out of their mind.
    Here in Ohio our CCW is attached to our plates. That way if you are pulled over the cop knows if you have a CCW before he walks up to your car since they always run your plates before they get out. I have both OH and FL permits and I would not even think about carrying if I lost my permits. Not worth the risk.
    kerstingm, NRA Member, CCW Permit,CZ 75B, CZ 75PCR compact, Kimber Ultra Aegis II 9mm, Kimber Ultra Raptor 45, Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm S/C, Sig P229, Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Mag, Taurus PT1911, DPMS AR15, Mossberg 930 SPX 12 Gauge, Beretta AL 390 12 Gauge

9. Kevin thanks I will call about getting my permit #!

Like stated before only info I currently had was from a few cop buddy.. I will admit tho these are some of the same ones who tell me machine-guns and suppressors are illegal!!

I prefer to carry and pay a $25 fee for the time being.

Thanks again!

One thing about asking for advice, you will get it here. Some good, some not, it is up to the asker, to verify the advice.

I notice the link to DL, that is quoted often, again not true. But when the Officer who walks up on you, after your 50MPH, in a 30! he is going to assume weapons in car, maybe, and act accordingly. This is Florida.

11. Thanks Scouse! I been around various forums for a long time and know you can receive just as much bad info as correct so I take it all as opinions

I called and was given my permit number. The lady told me my permit number won't do me any good as I can't carry anything if i don't have the actual permit. I just said thats fine I will just like to have it.

I made a copy of the notarized letter and $15 dollar check I sent to them and I will carry this with me along with my permit number incase I do have a run in with someone who will like to confirm I have a valid permit.

Thanks for all the info fellas!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast