Concealed Carry Permits for Veterans in Florida - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Permits for Veterans in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Glenaki View Post
    I just found out that you do not need to take the CC class if you have your DD214 from your time with the military! I did NOT know this and no one seems to want to pass it on. Check it out for yourself!
    I don't recall you ever asking about it.

it is well known that in FLA a dd214 can take the place of a training class.

from the FLA DOACS site:

former military personnel can submit a DD Form 214 reflecting honorable discharge from military service.

google can be your friend

look it up yourself
    Acceptable Training Documentation / Concealed Weapon License / Consumer Services / Licensing / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

In fl you send your copy of dd-214 ,with fl application with a passport photo and finger prints and 112.00 or go to your nearest regional office an they will help you with the process, take your DD-214 they will electronically finger print you and pass port photo, $112.00 which will be online and get your permit back with in 15 working days or mail up to 90 working days .

I had my DD214 and both my M-16 and M-9 training certs with me when I first got my permit...the only thing they cared about was the DD214.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

My DD214 no problem with a out of State permit. Although it doesn't state it's a "Out of State" just has your recent address. WHICH can be changed on line.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    My DD214 no problem with a out of State permit. Although it doesn't state it's a "Out of State" just has your recent address. WHICH can be changed on line.
    1. FLA issues one CWFL for both in state and out of state people.
    2. FLA CWFL (permits) do not have an address on them

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    1. FLA issues one CWFL for both in state and out of state people.
    2. FLA CWFL (permits) do not have an address on them
    Well my Fla permit sure as hell does it was issued 2010.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

you might have one of the last ones issued with an address on it, they don't put addresses on the permits anymore

AZ does for sure, DD-214 worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    you might have one of the last ones issued with an address on it, they don't put addresses on the permits anymore
    It expires in 2017, we'll see then.

Mine was issued in August of 2010 and does not have it. I think the change was July 1 of 2010. My Florida DL was one of the first ones with the new emblem in the corner under the state emblem. Prior DL type was a gold star in same location. New is gold circle with background color star in it. 2014 starts the requirements for that type license to enter Federal buildings/airplanes/nuke plants without extra hassles. Copy of birth certificate is scanned into the back of it along with a digital picture and other data. CWorFL had the addresses removed as a part of the state FOIA change as license holders for concealed carry are exempted from FOIA requirements. Both the CWorFL and a form of gov't ID issued have to be provided a LEO if demanded and the new DL proves you proved who you were.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast