Florida Politicians. Ya gotta wonder. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Florida Politicians. Ya gotta wonder.

The humane execution idea always reminds me of being trained I the Hague and Geneva Conventions accords on warfare. Wage war and kill the enemy but do it in a way that is not unduly painful. Makes sense in some ways (e.g., treatment of POWs and civilians) but never made sense battle. Same here...yes, let's exact our revenge and remove this miscreant from among us...end his life...but let's not hurt him. Cheap way to try to absolve ourselves of some piece of the responsibility.

In the end, it is killing...no need to sugarcoat it.

Quote Originally Posted by the dark View Post
    In the end, it is killing...no need to sugarcoat it.
    Fair enough. I agree that there is no need to sugar coat an execution. But there is also no need to delight in it, make it drawn out and painful, or make a public spectacle of it. The object is to give a swift death to the offender, thus removing him (and the danger he poses) from society.

The "cruel and unusual punishment" concept was to make certain we didn't go back to the days of the guillotine, public guttings or amputations, drawing and quarterings, and the like.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

l

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain:240318

Fair enough. I agree that there is no need to sugar coat an execution. But there is also no need to delight in it, make it drawn out and painful, or make a public spectacle of it. The object is to give a swift death to the offender, thus removing him (and the danger he poses) from society.

The "cruel and unusual punishment" concept was to make certain we didn't go back to the days of the guillotine, public guttings or amputations, drawing and quarterings, and the like.
    Agreed...a very rational and dare I say humane view of it. One I share. But I suspect it is not commonly held. Every thing we do surrounding it...including having victim's relatives as witnesses, suggests that revenge is the underlying motive. Hence, I think those who view it that way should have to confront their own barbarism. Again, like war, it is easy to wage if you are lucky enough to find ways to keep it at arm's length...but much more instructive if seen for its true nature.

5. Death by fireant. Bury that sumbitch up to his neck in sand and pour honey on his head. DONE.

Talking Death By Stereo

Go green...A rope is a reusable asset that does not emit bad things into the environment. That will make the tree huggers happy when we as a society start switching off turdbags and helping restore the rule of law. If the crime was heinous enough I would approve of the fireant solution in cases of child rape and the like. Seems fitting to me.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

If we're going to do it, (and I'm not sure we should, but that's another thread), then use nitrogen asphyxiation.

"Humane" can also refer to the effect execution has on the executioner. I really doubt that anyone who helps kill another person is completely unaffected. Nitrogen is freely available in air, and has no toxin issues (like cyanide gas). The system would require no special training, as all you'd need to do would be to turn on a pump.

When The State kills someone, it must do so without vengeance or anger. The State administers Justice, not vengeance.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

And if we realy want to be politically incorect, Zyklon B.

As the Prison generators have to be test run weekly, just pump the exhaust into the cell. Person will just go to sleep. Permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by eXGee11 View Post
    Death by fireant. Bury that sumbitch up to his neck in sand and pour honey on his head. DONE.
    Don't forget, that could make them sick and then you'd have PETA after you. PETA= People for Ethical Treatment of Ants.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12