Open Carry? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Carry?

It's very confusion in FL. I can't tell if there is an exemption for open carry while hunting. I have certainly seen a number of folks hunting and carrying openly....again, this was in FL.

If you'd give up a little freedom for more security, you deserve neither.

Quote Originally Posted by amddude View Post
    Open carry is specifically denied in FL, except on private property.

There is an exemption for hunting, fishing, camping. You can peruse the statutes and find this.

If you'd give up a little freedom for more security, you deserve neither.

4. Open carry in Florida is only allowed if your on your property, or at a place wherever you have a legal right to be but still private property, hunting, fishing, camping or at an approved gun range or traveling to or from your residence. some businesses allow it only if you are an employee. check out fl state statue 790.25 and 790.05. Ccw is also restrictive to common sense. open carry of mace or certain tasers is allowed, but again consult the law first to protect yourself.

what about open carry on your own property if you live 100 yards from a school zone? The only reason I ask is if I am mowing my yard I like to take my shirt off. In this case you can see my IWB holster and pistol grip sticking out.
    Love, peace and hair grease

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12