Open Carry?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry?

Open Carry?

Can someone here clear up some confusion? Is it legal to open carry in FL or not? I don't think it is; I was under the impression that only concealed carry was allowed unless you were hunting or a uniformed security guard. A friend of mine is telling me that open carry is allowed without a permit.

Anyone here have first hand knowledge on this?

3. I believe FL law states that a private citizen CAN open Carry on their property. (home or business) I think there is also a Hunting/Fishing clause. But everyday walking around Open Carry is illegal.
    Romans 3:22-24

Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 .45
    Taurus Millenium Pro .40
    Kel-Tec P3AT .380

Johioss is absolutely right on this. You can open carry on your property or business. A great resource on FL gun laws is a book called "Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership" by Jon Gutmacher. Excellent book by an attorney whose practice specializes on gun defense issues. Every Florida resident should hunt down a copy.
    To live outside the law you must be honest.

You can also peruse the forums and general info on www.opencarry.org - they have a lot of good resources to check out!

Open carry is specifically denied in FL, except on private property.

+1. The map on Opencarry.org lists Florida as one of six states where open carry is illegal even with a CCW permit.

illegal here in Alabama as well unless you are LEO.

Arkansas OC

You can see the movement in Arkansas by visiting here: Arkansas - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum

I wish I could even think about getting a CCW here in Maryland. Open carry is technically "legal", but it is basically not. Only on private property can you actually open carry. Anywhere within the sight of anyone who will be upset by the sight of a gun is illegal. Rediculous.

11. The open carry movement has been gaining ground here in WA state. They normally have monthly meetings in vairous parts of the state but I haven't been able to attend due to my schedule. I normally CC but like to OC on occaision.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast