CWL - Waiting game - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CWL - Waiting game

So I called them today and they have not even begun to process either apps (my wife and I)
    I mailed it in July and the checks cashed on Aug. 5th....

The lady said maybe another month which is way off the mark.

I guess if any of you recently sent in the your app, you'll be waiting a while.
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

3. My wife called on Friday, which was day 64 and was told that her info is scanned into the system and is awaiting review. They said it should be very soon. I guess the fear that Obama was going to get in prompted this run on getting in applications and they are slammed.

I remember a few months ago they were saying that it takes 45 days just to get your information into the system.

I am sure you, like my wife will get it soon.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

4. Quote Originally Posted by Teufel View Post
    So I called them today and they have not even begun to process either apps (my wife and I)
    I mailed it in July and the checks cashed on Aug. 5th....

The lady said maybe another month which is way off the mark.

I guess if any of you recently sent in the your app, you'll be waiting a while.
    As a reference, my check cashed on June 25 and the permit arrived in the mail on August 11.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

I called again today just to see if they had begun processing yet...no such luck. Now at 10 weeks since mailed.
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

6. Quote Originally Posted by Teufel View Post
    I called again today just to see if they had begun processing yet...no such luck. Now at 10 weeks since mailed.
    My wife is at 11 weeks as of this past Thursday. She called on Friday and they still said she was in que.

They insisted that they have 90 days in which to make a determination from the date they receive the application. My wife's was received by them on July 7, so they officially have 2 weeks.

It would seem that maybe it is a good sign that Florida may not be too keen on Obama with so many applications going in at this time. I have never seen it take this long to issue.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

Are the long wait times due to people being in fear of Obama or is it that there are fewer people handling this stuff? Either way, I would agree these wait times are incredibly lengthy.

8. Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Are the long wait times due to people being in fear of Obama or is it that there are fewer people handling this stuff? Either way, I would agree these wait times are incredibly lengthy.
    On average, with digital prints the wait used to be around 6 weeks. However, as we have gotten closer to election the times have gotten longer and longer.

Those who sent apps in May were getting their's in about 8 weeks, and then in July it has backed up to 11-12 weeks.

I have been told by those in the know that they are getting slammed, and this only started happening as things startied becoming clearer as to who would repersent the Democratic party.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

9. Quote Originally Posted by Palmach View Post
    My wife is at 11 weeks as of this past Thursday. She called on Friday and they still said she was in que.

They insisted that they have 90 days in which to make a determination from the date they receive the application. My wife's was received by them on July 7, so they officially have 2 weeks.

It would seem that maybe it is a good sign that Florida may not be too keen on Obama with so many applications going in at this time. I have never seen it take this long to issue.
    Not saying that this pertains to your wife, but there is one other thing to consider regarding delayed applications:

It's very important the applicants fill out their applications properly and provide the proper documents. There's a lot of things that can be done incorrectly and it can take months before an applicant is notified of such errors. I have read about quite a few who were waiting patiently for their permits to arrive, only to find out that that they forgot to provide some information or that something was not filled out correctly.
    Last edited by calmp9; 09-23-2008 at 05:19 PM.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    Not saying that this pertains to your wife, but there is one other thing to consider regarding delayed applications:

It's very important the applicants fill out their applications properly and provide the proper documents. There's a lot of things that can be done incorrectly and it can take months before an applicant is notified of such errors. I have read about quite a few who were waiting patiently for their permits to arrive, only to find out that that they forgot to provide some information or that something was not filled out correctly.
    I agree. The Obama factor may be playing a role, but I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume that it is playing as significant a role as is being suggested in this thread.

Glade i live in NH i got mine back in about 1 and half weeks. But then again we do not have to take a CC class to get our permit. Nor do we need to have our photo taken or be finger printed to get our permit IT"S SO GREAT... They have 60 days to say yes or no. There is also no Class A OR B bull **** and no restricted bull ****..

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast