CWL - Waiting game - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: CWL - Waiting game

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Glade i live in NH i got mine back in about 1 and half weeks. But then again we do not have to take a CC class to get our permit. Nor do we need to have our photo taken or be finger printed to get our permit IT"S SO GREAT... They have 60 days to say yes or no. There is also no Class A OR B bull **** and no restricted bull ****..
    Yeah yeah yeah...rub it in rub it in. :suicide:

I can not WAIT to live in NH one day. I will most definatly be enjoying those same rights as you one day :)
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

LOL yeah do it up then just move up here.. Hit me up with a Pm i know of a group who may help you move up here and pack and unpack your truck and find you a place.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I agree. The Obama factor may be playing a role, but I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume that it is playing as significant a role as is being suggested in this thread.
    I have been carrying for close to 20 years in Florida and have been well acquainted with the CWL process. There has never been another time in recent history that the process has been this backed up.

When the CWL was first introduced in Florida one could expect that the process could take up to the full 90 days. However with the advent of newer technology as well as the introduction of digital printing the process was significantly streamlined.

I have personally been involved with 6 individuals who are presently awaiting a determination on their applications. I have also personally spoken with individuals in the Florida DOACS, which is the agency of issue, and they have made it clear that this is unprecedented. Off the record conversations indicate that it is in fact what you consider to be "presumptuous and suggested" on this thread that is the very issue causing the delay in issuance of CWL's.

Everything that I have stated here is based on personal knowledge and informations supplied by the issuing agency.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

5. Here is our update.

I mailed my wife's CWL application on July 3rd, and they received this on July 7th. She did digital finger prints, which was supposed to speed up the process.

They took almost all of the 90 days that they have in order to make a determination. We were away for the weekend, and when we checked the mail, her license was there.

Today would have been 90 days since their reception.

It was 88 days from the time they received the application.

This puts them about a month behind of where they were in the recent past, and about double the time it used to take them to process at 4-6 weeks.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

6. Quote Originally Posted by Palmach View Post
    Here is our update.

I mailed my wife's CWL application on July 3rd, and they received this on July 7th. She did digital finger prints, which was supposed to speed up the process.

They took almost all of the 90 days that they have in order to make a determination. We were away for the weekend, and when we checked the mail, her license was there.

Today would have been 90 days since their reception.

It was 88 days from the time they received the application.

This puts them about a month behind of where they were in the recent past, and about double the time it used to take them to process at 4-6 weeks.
    At least, it finally showed up. Congratulations! The waiting is the toughest.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

7. CWL- Waiting Game

I applied for my Washington CPL on September 15, and don't know exactly when I can expect my license. I submitted my fee and they took my prints electronically. The law says 30 days, unless you have been in Washington less than 90 days, in which case they can take upt o 60 days. The people I have spoken to, including clerks at Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabela's both say they have never heard of anyone taking the 60 days. I understand Washington used to hav e a Concealed Weapon Permit, but they had a bunch of people who began carrying martial arts weapons and the like, so it was altered to a Concealed Pistol License.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

5 weeks

I have been waiting for 5 weeks and my check has not even cashed. I will have to wait another ten days until I call and I cannot wait. I hope they get on the ball here. I know they are backed up, but my fear is that there was a problem and I won't hear about it for a long time. Any one else take this long to have a check cashed?

wolfhunter Guest
    I've had my CWL since '05. I submitted my paperwork with hardcopy prints. ON day 90, I received a letter informing me of a "hiccup" in the records in another state. I cleared that and sent a notarized letter from that agency to FL Dept of Ag. and received my CWL in a week.

Got it last week finally.
    Mailed July 17th and arrived Oct 17
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

11. Mailed mine out 18 September. I callws about it Tuesday (11/4) and was told by the (not so kind/polite soundsing) lady that it was in the system and to give it another 2 weeks. Hopefully it'll be here before then.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast