CWL - Waiting game
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CWL - Waiting game

CWL - Waiting game

I'm sending out my CWL paperwork and payment today (April 3, 2008). Never thought this day would get here. :)

Now it's time to wait by the mailbox.

Has anyone submitted it recently? If so, how fast did you get it back? Our instructor told us that the turnaround time being faster if you got your fingerprints done electronically doesn't apply anymore due to the backlog of paperwork that Florida is doing.

Oh well. All I can do is wait. :)
    Last edited by Hallow; 04-03-2008 at 12:40 AM.

3. I got mine in late February after about a 5 week wait. That was with electronic fingerprints because I was told it would speed up the process. I didn't think 5 weeks was too bad.
    Romans 3:22-24

Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 .45
    Taurus Millenium Pro .40
    Kel-Tec P3AT .380

I think it's great that so many people are getting their permits in FL. When I got mine almost ten years ago, the wait was about three weeks and that was with old fashion ink prints. Hang in there, Hallow, your permit will be in your mailbox soon enough.
    To live outside the law you must be honest.

My VA permit expired so I'm waiting on the FL permit now. 4 weeks and counting.

+1 on the excitement of so many ppl excercising the right.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

I got mine done a while ago and did the eprints. It is faster than whatever the ink would be, and in Jacksonville they said it was required to do them for a CWP. Basically it just cuts out the extra step of handling the prints card and scanning them in, as well as the mailing time. I work at a large company where we have an imaging department - if you send in paperwork vs. filling out an online form, it takes at least twice as long to get anything done, because that paper has to be fed into a scanner by someone and then shredded.

If you think that's bad, just try getting a passport right now. :icon_sick:
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

I got mine about a year and a half ago. Sent everything in, with electronic prints, and had my permit in 21 days. That was over Thanksgiving week also. I know waiting sucks! hope it gets there soon! My friends wife sent hers in 2 days before mine and got hers in 14 days, I believe.

Oh and congrats always good to hear of another Floridian getting there permit!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Sounds good, guys! Thanks for the info!

Now I have to go holster shopping. :)

Any recommendations? I plan on carrying a full size S&W M&P9. I'm thinking of carrying it in the small of my back or maybe at the 3 o'clock position if i can get a shirt that won't print.

I did mine through the mail, as I am not a resident of Florida. I was told it could take up to 90 days, but I got mine in about 6 weeks, give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallow View Post
    Sounds good, guys! Thanks for the info!

Now I have to go holster shopping. :)

Any recommendations? I plan on carrying a full size S&W M&P9. I'm thinking of carrying it in the small of my back or maybe at the 3 o'clock position if i can get a shirt that won't print.
    I carry my Kimber in a Comp-tac Infidel IWB holster 3 o'clock and love it. I also purchased the tucker clip for an extra $15 (i think) which is nice for anytime I need to dress up.

You may also take a look at what JSholsters has. They support the site and also give members a discount.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

11. just about 30 days door to door with ink prints.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast