Non-Resident to Resident

Thread: Non-Resident to Resident

1. Non-Resident to Resident

Ok. I sent in all my paper work about a month ago for my Non-Resident CCW for Fl. Well no kidding 2 days later I had a RIP and orders in my hand to Fl. I'm in FL already and I'm still waiting for my Non-Resident permit. Can I just go the the local sheriff's and have then switch it to a resident permit or do I have to do everything all over again?

The Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Division of Licensing handle all permits for Florida. So I don't believe going to the local Sheriffs will accomplish anything. Call (850)-245-5691. They should be able to give you a status on you non-res and tell you what you need to do to get a perm one.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Does anyone know if you get a non-resident CCW here, are you still good with all the reciprocating states?
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Teufel View Post
    Does anyone know if you get a non-resident CCW here, are you still good with all the reciprocating states?
    A "few" states only recognises resident permits

see the states in "yellow"
    Last edited by LeavingMass; 05-07-2008 at 02:10 AM.

Click on the reciprocity map on this site's home page. It will tell you which states recognize FL permits, both resident and non-resident.

It is still YOUR responsibility to check a particular state before carrying there--if the laws change, and you carry where you're not allowed, saying that you saw it on a website will not get you off the hook.