The latest from Florida concerning guns in vehicles at work - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The latest from Florida concerning guns in vehicles at work

Quote Originally Posted by sdf2000 View Post
    Will this mean I will need to go get a JOB!!! ICH...
    LOL you can have mine!!!!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Latest news:

Crist signs bill allowing people to keep guns in their cars while at work.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

That is great news! Reading some of the different reports, we still have a fight since there are some lawsuits planned to challenge the new law but the law will come into effect in July and I am still confident that we will be victorious in the end.
    To live outside the law you must be honest.

5. I think it only applys to CCW people.

Yes, the new law will only apply to CCW holders. I think that this was a compromise to get the votes to pass it in the House and the Senate.

I am curious how they are planning to enforce the CCW part of the law. By Florida statute, the CCW holder's information is not available to the public and not subject to requests from the media and only law enforcement has access to this information and only in the process of investigation of specific offenses. I wonder if businesses wil try to get their employees to register that they possess a CCW and are therefore allowed to have a weapon int their car? This should be interesting as the law goes into effect.
    To live outside the law you must be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    I think it only applys to CCW people.
    When I read the first article in the paper, it was reported that 5000 Florida residents had concealed carry permits. After the GOV signed the legislation, the 5000 figure was changed to 500,000. With such a disparity in the two figures, I'd kind of like a third report, and not knowing which of these numbers is the closest thing to being accurate, I'd take the average of the 3! :i:
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

8. Its closer to 500,000 lots of us.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/sta...typecount.html

Concealed Weapons/Firearms - 484,578

Yep there are a lot of us! And more every month. From 2007 to 2008 we had 59,948 new permits issued and 13,616 renewed.
    - Benjamin Franklin

10. Good place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Good place to live.
    Yep can not beat it! I can ride the bike almost year round. 15 mins from the beach. And out of just over 18,000,000 people almost 485,000 permits. Thats about 1 in 38 have a permit!
    - Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast