The latest from Florida concerning guns in vehicles at work - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The latest from Florida concerning guns in vehicles at work

Forida permits

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Yep can not beat it! I can ride the bike almost year round. 15 mins from the beach. And out of just over 18,000,000 people almost 485,000 permits. Thats about 1 in 38 have a permit!
    Considering a pretty good percentage of those 18 million are under the legal age to carry, it is even better than 1 in 38. Well done, Floridians.
    The more I practice, the 'luckier' I get!

Interesting column from Mike Thomas in the Orlando Slantinel regarding the new law. It points out many of the fallacies that anti-gun rights groups use to argue the guns at work bill. Worth a read.
    To live outside the law you must be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by underwritingtech View Post
    Interesting column from Mike Thomas in the Orlando Slantinel regarding the new law. It points out many of the fallacies that anti-gun rights groups use to argue the guns at work bill. Worth a read.
    A BIG + 1

Mike Thomas' article begins as you would expect a typical news media article to read: anti-gun. BUT READ ON! His stats on gun ownership/concealed weapns permits in Florida, etc. are great. And more than a fair number of comments are supportive and as always, logical.
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

5. The Chamber of Gomers has a law suit to stop this law from going into effect. I think we should suggest boycotting them and not using their services.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    The Chamber of Gomers has a law suit to stop this law from going into effect. I think we should suggest boycotting them and not using their services.
    I had read the same thing. They are also trying to get the July 1st affective date postponed.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I still don't like the idea of leaving it in my unattended vehicle though.
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

8. That is a good reason not to advertise. NRA stickers and pro gunn stickers.Yes I would rather have it on me too,but swimming at the springs is always a problem.Glock 23 prints inside my bathing suit. Open carry would be OK.Hell I might shoot a bass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123