Florida Hunting - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Florida Hunting

1. Pigs are pigs and there is lots of them not native to the state but well suited. Brbq some for me.

Glock Fan I see you live in Hawaii. I lived on the big Island for years and shot many hogs. Shot placement is critical Unless you are using a big caliber I shot many hogs coming in my garden with 22 stinger loads and a shot behind the ear. Drop like a rock. Thet are very tough,

Quote Originally Posted by CCW357 View Post
    Glock Fan I see you live in Hawaii. I lived on the big Island for years and shot many hogs. Shot placement is critical Unless you are using a big caliber I shot many hogs coming in my garden with 22 stinger loads and a shot behind the ear. Drop like a rock. Thet are very tough,
    I've nailed them with lead nosed .22 LR Winchester White box. There's a triangle formed by the snout and the two eyes. If you hit dead center, you'll drop 'um every time. I do a lot of trapping on private land, and that's were we normally hit them using whatever's handy. I know one guy who uses a ball peen hammer.

When shooting at the hogs in the wild, I use my .357 mag revolver if I'm in a public hunting area, and on private land, I've been successful with my Glock 23.

You do bring up a good point that shot placement is critical in bringing down the hogs in an ethical and humane manner. Here in PRHI, you're required to have a Hawaii Hunting License on public and private land. Hope you had your hunting license. I've seen many folks busted for hunting on their own property.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12