Ok question from the new guy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Ok question from the new guy

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmach View Post
    What cops want is not the law. This is an issue where they need education in the statutes. There has been this myth about steps in Florida that do not exist.

    Not trying to cause an argument, but it makes me crazy that we somehow have to meet a standard not set by the Law.
    If that makes you crazy, don't move to N.Y. They think they are immune to the constitution up there.
    SINCE WHEN IS IT EXTREME TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION?
    THE AMERICAN FLAG SHOULD BE ALLOWED EVERY WHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!
    Stand With Arizona (and Against Illegal Immigration)

  2.   
  3. thanks for all you replys . I've been carrying with one in the pipe cause in my mind if something was to go down i don't want to have to think open glovebox,cock,aim,shoot!! I much rather have one less step just in case you know !
    The only thing that does bugg me is that even some of my friends which are LEOs couldn't give me a str8 answer !!
    NOT BY ANY MEANS AM I DOWNING LEOS AS MY SISTER AND BROTHER IN LAW ARE LEOS
    and i understand there human too and can't remember everything . anyways thanks alot for all your replys
    i guess i'm worrying for nothing .

  4. Quote Originally Posted by DeepWaters View Post
    If that makes you crazy, don't move to N.Y. They think they are immune to the constitution up there.
    Born and raised in NY. Turned down for a carry permit many years ago when I carried a $30,000 cash payroll.

    Left 20 years ago and have no desire to return.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

  5. Yes cops need to be educated,only when your arms are cuffed behind you it is time to be quiet. The law is what ever the LEO preceves at the time. Bad cop no donut

  6. Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Yes cops need to be educated,only when your arms are cuffed behind you it is time to be quiet. The law is what ever the LEO preceves at the time. Bad cop no donut
    It is always best to be quiet until you are asked a specific question. Never give up information.

    If a LEO is going to arrest you, you are right, it does not matter what the law is. However, if you know the law and your rights, it is likely that your bank account will increase some from the settlement they choose to pay rather than deal with a false arrest.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by lowridermig View Post
    thanks for all you replys . I've been carrying with one in the pipe cause in my mind if something was to go down i don't want to have to think open glovebox,cock,aim,shoot!! I much rather have one less step just in case you know !
    The only thing that does bugg me is that even some of my friends which are LEOs couldn't give me a str8 answer !!
    NOT BY ANY MEANS AM I DOWNING LEOS AS MY SISTER AND BROTHER IN LAW ARE LEOS
    and i understand there human too and can't remember everything . anyways thanks alot for all your replys
    i guess i'm worrying for nothing .
    Welcome to the site lowridermig. As said before you are perfectly legal keeping your XD9 loaded and in the glove box. Cops don't always keep up with all the laws or have been miss informed at some time.

    Florida's turn around time is actually pretty good. So you should have your permit soon. Mine took about 20 days door to door.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast