Ok question from the new guy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok question from the new guy

1. Ok question from the new guy

1st off i am pretty new to the world of CC .
    I'm still waiting for my permit to arrive.
    Ok so i recently picked up my xd9 as my CC weapon
    and i've been keeping it in the glovebox of my car note that i keep it loaded and ready to go (1 in pipe)
    Now i have read my 790 fla. statutes and the sixth edition florida firearms law,use,& ownership book .
    and it seems that i am in my legal rights to carry that way. but i have a few friends including some being LEOs
    that say that i can't am i missing something here. thanks in advance for your replys

I may be wrong, but I believe doing it that way requires you to have that permit already.

When do you expect it to arrive?
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

4. Soon i hope it's been a few weeks already but i'm also pretty bad at keeping time. i try not to think about it cause then the time goes slower.

790.25 (p)(5) addresses carrying the firearm in a "private conveyance". As long as the firearm is "securely encased" and not "readily accessable", seems that you're legal.

I am not a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

6. Yes thank you i knew i was reading it right . it's just sad that some ppl. even being gun owners themselves don't know or keep up with the law . i feel much better ;)

I strongly recommend finding an attorney in your area that has experience in criminial defense cases involving firearms. Keep that attorney on retainer and be sure to have the attorney's business card handy in many different places. You could consult the attorney for any legal questions regarding firearms.

I have an attorney on retainer here in Hawaii. This attorney has a lot of experience in criminal defense cases and is licensed in a few of the states where I travel.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

8. You are absolutely legal in the State of Florida, as glovebox is considered legally encased. Gutmacher goes over the specifics in "Law, Use, and Ownership"
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

+1 on Palmach, isn't it great living in gun friendly Florida

Some cops want 2 steps to retrive firearm.In glove box with holster with strap for sure will cover it.

11. Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Some cops want 2 steps to retrive firearm.In glove box with holster with strap for sure will cover it.
    What cops want is not the law. This is an issue where they need education in the statutes. There has been this myth about steps in Florida that do not exist.

Not trying to cause an argument, but it makes me crazy that we somehow have to meet a standard not set by the Law.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast